Long Lake (Spokane Lake)

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bass2elk
Petty Officer

Long Lake (Spokane Lake)

Post by bass2elk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Was just wondering if anybody has been to Long Lake recently and if they could tell me what the water clarity is like and water temp? Also if the WDFW launching facility is open yet?

Nik
Lieutenant

RE:Long Lake (Spokane Lake)

Post by Nik » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:28 am

the water at the south end is chocolate milk judging by the color and the amount of water coming over the dam. the river launch is open year round (which is a joke because it's high and dry for 4 months at least), but the resort (Nine Mile) and the DNR launches don't open until May i believe.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:36 am

If you drive across the T.J. Meenach Bridge and the water is chocolate brown, it most likely is on Long Lake also. With all the rain, there is a great deal of run off from the Palouse. Where Latah Creek dumps into the Spokane is where it gets muddy.

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 am

I forgot to mention the lake is at summer pool so you can easily launch at the river, although the current gets a bit dicey when the water's coming over the dam like it is right now.