Old sumner meadows golf course

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DanLangel
Angler

Old sumner meadows golf course

Post by DanLangel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:16 am

Hey everybody-

So I was curious if anyone had tried to do any fishing down at the old Sumner meadows golf course or if anyone knew if they stocked the ponds down there in the water hazard?

Thanks
Dan L.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Old sumner meadows golf course

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Can't speak to those ponds, but I can tell you that you will not be welcome on any golf course, if you are doing anything other than golfing.

DanLangel
Angler

Post by DanLangel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Well the one nice thing is that it is no longer a golf course.. but an open space now so to speak of.. People go for walks and take their dogs out there to walk them and run them.. There is always people down there... It's kinda a brilliant idea for a failed golf course...

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:44 pm

DanLangel wrote:Well the one nice thing is that it is no longer a golf course.. but an open space now so to speak of.. People go for walks and take their dogs out there to walk them and run them.. There is always people down there... It's kinda a brilliant idea for a failed golf course...
Sounds great! Go for it.
I have been known to be tempted to literally want to fish the strangest places, i.e. The greenspace within the large turn-around off ramp of the freeway! No, of course not. Did not fish it, but sure have been tempted.😉

ekettwig
Angler

Post by ekettwig » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:33 pm

I always wanted to fish those ponds when I used to gold there. I live up in Everett now so not worth the drive for me but would love to know if you had any luck.

253Caster
Warrant Officer

Post by 253Caster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:03 am

I tried them out my self the other day. Not much depth to them, but ive caught "pigs in puddles" before so i tried them all anyway. Water was chocolate brown with maybe 3 inches vis so I slow rolled a spinnerbait with no bites to show for.

jetguy787
Angler

Post by jetguy787 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm

On my drive home today, saw about 4-5 guys walking with their fishing gear towards this golf course. Looks like they parked at the big warehouse next door. Anyway, I live literally 3 minutes away so I think I'll give it a shot this weekend 🤞