Sammamish River Trail and fishing

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
will3140
Petty Officer

Sammamish River Trail and fishing

Post by will3140 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 am

I would like to fish for Smallmouth Bass along the Sammamish River and the Sammamish River Trail. Does anyone know of some places on the river/ trail that might have Smallmouth Bass. Thanks in advance for any info you share. will3140

sbasser
Petty Officer

Re: Sammamish River Trail and fishing

Post by sbasser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Last I looked, most or all of the Sammamish Slough was closed to all fishing, so look at the DF&W fishing regs to be sure you'd be legal. I believe it was stated in Special Rules for Westside Lakes, under Lk. Sammamish. May have been repeated under Sammamish River, under Westside Rivers, but I know I didn't look there. Could be different now, of course. It's tough to find areas to shore fish in Western WA. C&R, Steve

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Sammamish River Trail and fishing

Post by Amx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 am

they don't call it 'west side rivers' anymore. in the new regs it's 'puget sound and coastal rivers'. i looked yesterday after i read this thread

it is also listed as 'selective gear rules'. from 68th ave ne bridge to lake sammamish with dates of jan 1 to aug. 31.
Tom.

Interests: living