UPDATED 10.7.18 My 39/39 Challenge has ended.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bob johansen
Commander

Re: UPDATED 7.1.18 My 39/39 Challenge has begun!

Post by bob johansen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:17 pm

8theB8 wrote:King County and others are places I fished in previous years. I fished Beaver, Angle, Meridian, Sammamish and others years ago, they count lol.

My struggles are mostly mental. Sure weather, conditions and unfamiliar waters play their parts but I am fishing to quickly, trying to bang em out instead of just fishing. It is interesting self analyzing myself while I'm on the water. I probably look like a crazy person talking myself through things at times but it's fun... doesn't sound like it probably but it is. Thanks for following along, I'm hoping to run down to Thurston County Tuesday night but work will dictate that. I would like to complete Thurston, Mason and Douglas before I leave on my big run East!

Another nice thing is that even the fish that I boat, but miss the 1lb mark, count towards the overall total of lakes I've caught bass in. So I've managed to add four more lakes to that list in the process and it is definitely cool to see a lot of lakes I've only read reports about over the years [thumbup]
Several of my 283 bass lakes have bass less than 12 inches. I have always figured that a 12 inch fish is about a pound but I never weighed many fish under a couple pounds.

bob johansen
Commander

Re: UPDATED 9.9.18 My 39/39 Challenge is almost DONE!

Post by bob johansen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:27 pm

8theB8 wrote:I appreciate it everyone!! [thumbsup]

I have mixed emotions closing it out...I'm happy and a little bummed. It's been a heckuva chase and something I looked forward to doing for so long that I can't believe it went by so fast...of course part of that was the plan [biggrin]

I'm working on encapsulating not just the quest but a lifetime of fishing adventures and lessons learned leading up to it in a book soon. No idea how long it will take to complete but hey, winter is coming and I will have plenty of down time to work on it.

We'll see... Thanks for following along all that did and thanks for all the support, it's been a blast!! [woot] =D>
Well done! I will buy the book - will it be available on Amazon?

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Re: UPDATED 10.7.18 My 39/39 Challenge has ended.

Post by 8theB8 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 am

Hopefully?! I won't really get to it until November-ish and not sure how long it will take? Would be nice to have it ready by next Spring but will have to see how things unfold? I would be more than happy to send you a copy when it's complete!

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 am

The 39 County 'Trophy Quest' may be coming soon!

Largemouth over 5lbs
OR
Smallmouth over 4lbs

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue May 12, 2020 9:03 am

Sounds like fun.
Tom.

Interests: living