Bass fishing in Kitsap County Area

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
MangyMax
Angler

Bass fishing in Kitsap County Area

Post by MangyMax » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:29 pm

So I’ve been in the Kitsap area for a couple years and just recently got a boat... finally. I’m looking to get some good bass fishing in this year but can’t seem to figure out what’s going on. No one I have talked to has seemed to break the bass’ code too well this year either. I’m sure the weather has to do something with it. I’ve fished Spencer Lake and Long lake (in port orchard/bethel) so far and have done barely decent on senko’s and swim baits. No luck on Jigs nor spinnerbaits. Any suggestions?!?

pcallejo
Petty Officer

Re: Bass fishing in Kitsap County Area

Post by pcallejo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

I fish both lakes and they are both are solid fisheries. this time of year is tough though, just keep grinding and you'll unlock em. Long is a shallow water lake, and right now water temps are hitting 80s, so time of day is going to be your best friend. Early morn or late evening, lower light conditions are what's been producing for me. Running the "standard" shallow water, vegetation lines and banging docks with weightless plastics will get ya small bites and an occasional 2+ or possible roaming toad. Spencer is 180° difference. clear, deep water with actual structure. Run the "standard" pattern and hit the 2 main points on the lake you'll do fine. I cant say I've broken the bass code like you said, but I can say I've caught multiple 4+'s out of long this year, topping out at 6.76. And, just this past weekend caught a 5 and 4lb smallies out of Spencer. Its summer, and the water is warm and the fish are weary, find the forage, slow down the presentations and eventually you'll figure em out, and If your boat has electronics, learn to use it. I've put my time, alot of my time, in both of these lakes, and I still have days that I skunk, but that's fishing ya know? Fall is around a long corner, and once we get some cooler weather, and rain the big girls will start roaming again and the bite will turn back on. Hope this helps, maybe I'll see ya out there one day, maybe I'll elaborate more then. Happy hook sets brother!

grubowski
Petty Officer

Post by grubowski » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Wow I didn’t realize Spencer had such quality smallmouth. Looks like I’ll have to brave the ski boats and give it a try.

pcallejo
Petty Officer

Post by pcallejo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Yeah man, definitely give it a shot. I was out there on my yak and was getting pushed around alot this past sunday, totally worth it.
Attachments
20180724_233529.jpg

grubowski
Petty Officer

Post by grubowski » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm

I love the markings on them when they come out of clear water. Sounds like I’ll have to brave the swells in my tube. Luckily I get a lot of weekdays off so that should help.