Mid season tips?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bazzdude22
Angler

Mid season tips?

Post by Bazzdude22 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Well got a new trailer and want to try it out and take my daughter out (11yrs) just seing if anyone wants to throw out some tips as I usually fish spring and fall. Bass or any pan fish I guess down for any body of water really thanks in advance

Bazzdude22
Angler

Re: Mid season tips?

Post by Bazzdude22 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:08 pm

Anything? Anybody?

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Smallies are scattered right now but 30 feet has been consistent with a drop shot.

Largies, target outside weed edges with Senkos.

So much depends on the type of water you're fishing?? I'm catching largemouth in a foot of water on some lakes and twenty feet on others.

Bazzdude22
Angler

Post by Bazzdude22 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks for the reply and tips. I am sure others will take your tips into the memory vault as well. I will be hitting up potholes for a few weekends next month for some heavy action I hope. I did manage some nice lmb a few weeks ago on spinnerbsits tight to rocks banks. Nice size fish 3 over 3 lbs keep this thread going I will try to post on mid season tips when I get out

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:59 am

I'll be at the Potholes around the 27th as I fish my way back from Pend Oreille County / Spokane area lakes. I always enjoy a trip east!

Was up north this past week and the magic depth for smallies was twelve feet. Cover was wood, rocks or weed edges, baits were spinnerbait, DT10 crankbait, lipless crank and drop shot for smallmouth to 4.5 pounds.

Been an interesting year, I haven't been out as much as usual but have been surprised how shallow fish have stayed in mid-August?! Mild temps maybe? Always a fun puzzle to put together though! REALLY looking forward to my trip in a couple weeks and to the upcoming Fall fishing season!!

Bazzdude22
Angler

Post by Bazzdude22 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:17 am

Dang that is a big smallie. What maker is the dt10. Love crank bait bites and spinners bait bites do you know of anywhere here on the east side to catch walleyes from bank? I have a boat but can not fit all 3 kids in it. So we bank fish as well?

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 pm

I would not even pretend to know my way around walleyes. I usually catch them on accident while bass fishing and I would dang near rather set myself on fire than 'troll' for any species of fish so I have never truly targeted them lol

Bank fishing for them would be difficult, not impossible, but tough. I haven't bank fished much the past thirty plus years so I'm not much help unfortunately. My thinking would be along the dam at the Potholes Reservoir or from the Mardon dock?