New to bassin and lake washington. Help!!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
futbolboy2100
Angler

New to bassin and lake washington. Help!!

Post by futbolboy2100 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 am

Been fishing my whole life but new to bass fishing as of last summer. This winter got a boat, got it running, a trolling motor and fish finder and ready to rock. Lake Washington is my home lake and would love any advice/good locations for a newbie like me to get started. Also advice on smallmouth, on lake Washington and in general, as I have only fished largemouth so far. I'm located more on the north end of the lake, but willing to go wherever the fish are.
Thnx in advance and all help is appreciated

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: New to bassin and lake washington. Help!!

Post by Amx » Thu May 21, 2020 8:23 am

I don't know anything about N. Lake Washington. You can start by watching the videos here on Northwest Fishing Reports. And smallie fishing on Youtube. It was be a great idea to watch Tactical Bassin on Youtube. GREAT fishing techniques and lure explanations and how to fish them. If you live close enough go to Limit Out in Pacific. They can tell you and show you anything you need to know. They have a web page.

drop shot, plastic worms, top water, crankbaits, spinner baits, tube lures, buzzbaits. around grass, docks, rocks-LOTS of rocks, pilings,
Tom.

Interests: living

futbolboy2100
Angler

Post by futbolboy2100 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:23 am

Thnx for reply Amx
Have been watching tons of videos online, especially the tactical bassin ones. Couple of times I have been able to go out got skunked except for a few rock bass. Feel like I'm fishing the wrong spots. Definitely willing to run down to the south end of the lake if you have suggestions on where to start.
Adam

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Do you have a fishing map of the lake? You need to get a 'Fish-n-Map Co.' map with GPS. You'll be able to find your own spots with that map. To start fish the north points of the 'river' into Union Bay, and the cut into the Montlake Cut channel and thereon. Also Juanita Bay, Yarrow Bay and those finger bays,And Maydenbauer Bay.Then the shore line around Mercer Island, and the west and east shorelines of the whole lake.
Tom.

Interests: living

futbolboy2100
Angler

Post by futbolboy2100 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:07 am

Thank you very much going to try it out this weekend hopefully and let you know how it goes

FishnFred
Angler

Post by FishnFred » Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 pm

My suggestion is to join a bass club, if you want to fish tournaments or not , these guys have most of the experience and knowledge. Pay your dues, watch, ask questions, don't poach spots from guys unless they say it's ok. Keep your eyes open, listen, and your mouth closed, and don't post on social media, somebody's secret spot. You will learn a lot if you can gain someones confidence and they let you hold down their back seat. This is a commitment of a lot of time and some $$, and loads of fun, , there are several local clubs, some are highly competitive, some are more family fun oriented, go to their monthly meeting, when things resume.
Above all this learning curve is supposed to be fun, don't be too hard on yourself if you don't whack' EM right away, and always have a Yamamoto 5"grub, color 176, 1/4 grub jig head tied on.
Good luck