Sawyer Boat Launch Open?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Shadow Caster
Petty Officer

Sawyer Boat Launch Open?

Post by Shadow Caster » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:46 am

Hi, anyone know if the boat launch is accessible? The reason I ask is that Pine Lake says their park is open on the website, but when you get there, the parking lot is closed and you can't get to the boat launch. Just want to make sure I don't drive an hour to be turned around. Need to catch me some quality bronzers. Thanks in advance. AMX, i'm looking at you. You're the Sawyer go to.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Sawyer Boat Launch Open?

Post by Amx » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:17 pm

It's been open all along since this virus crap happened. Been a couple weeks since I've been there.
Tom.

Interests: living

Shadow Caster
Petty Officer

Post by Shadow Caster » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Thanks. I took the drive figuring I could find some other lakes if it wasn't open. I ended up with a couple smallies before the sun came out and the pleasure boaters took over. Makes for an unpleasant feeling in my little 7' boat. So I headed home. Thanks for replying.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Well, 2 is better than nothing. :-) I've been stuck with 1 or 2 a few times this year. I try to leave the lake an hour, or 2, before the pleasure boaters get there, before the speed limit goes up at 11am on weekends and holidays.
Tom.

Interests: living