Washington lake lodges? Looking for new ones to try.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SoloAngler88
Angler

Washington lake lodges? Looking for new ones to try.

Post by SoloAngler88 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:17 am

Hey all,

I've been fishing eastern and western WA for 20+ years. I really love getting away from the city and usually go road tripping solo to a destination. Fishing for whatever I want at my own pace. Having beautiful scenery and good weather is just as important as the fish (for me).

My favorite place to go is Mardon resort in eastern WA. The resort is just so quiet and friendly and gives me easy access to adventurous areas like Seeps Lakes where I can go get lost pond hoppin' for bass. I'm relaxed 100% of the time I'm there...fish or no fish. Another one I'm a fan of is "Tiffany's Resort" on Curlew Lake (north of spokane). They've got some great cozy little cabins on the water, isolated feel, and nice variety of fish.

Do you have any cozy lake lodges that are your favorite places to getaway from it all?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Washington lake lodges? Looking for new ones to try.

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:56 am

Consider Lake Quinault lodge. This is the only lake in the state where you can target and retain Dolly Varden. It is a tribal controlled fishery. BEAUTIFUL lodge and surroundings. Quality fishing. Low amount of people. Boat requires 5 min inspection prior to launching.

Also, consider Lake Crescent lodge West of Port Angeles. The clearest water you will ever see, set in the rainforest. Lake contains the ‘Beardsley trout’. Must release. Fish was introduced in I think the 1930’s? Very rare place to experience. Some special regs regarding no downriggers, etc. just check into it.
Must lookup the Olympic National Park fish regs.
Lodge itself if a snapshot in time, beautiful.

Hardly would call this one a lodge... but check out lake Boniparte resort, Okanagon county.. great cabins, has backwoods restaurant, with a Friday night prime rib, good beer on tap.
Mackinaw, Bass, Kokanee, pretty certain Tiger trout, almost positive tigers 20+ “

I could go on, but need to clock in here. )-:

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 pm

Spectacle lake resort in tonasket. Great low key place. Has a convenience store, great owners, and great fishing. I have been going there almost every year my entire life and just love how relaxing it is away from the hustle and bussle we live in on the west side. Fishing is lights out over there compared to over here. There multiple lakes in the area and they're all pretty dang good. Bass, trout, and crappie are my typical species to target. Mostly bass. But in recent years they have become a kokanee lake as well and it does produce well.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:10 pm

I 2nd Spectacle Lake Resort. I stay there all the time and make it my base camp, while fishing other lakes in the area. It does have everything you need, but in the original poster’s thread you had described looking for “Lodges”.
Spectacle is fine in Spring to July, but be careful when hot summer comes. It can be smothered in algae, as well as it although it has the basics, it is not at all a “Lodge” like some people think of a lodge. Eastern WA. “Lodge or Resort” is a different animal than what you might be thinking.

Also, ‘Offut lake’ resort is a lake sorta down near Rainier/St Helens. It is usually a very reliable lake for rainbows, and Cutties That the “Resort” people raise in pens/stock, etc. lake has quality bass as well. They offer boat rentals, motor, row boat, etc. has a large dock to fish from, has a restaurant, small store with solid tackle selection, tent camping spots as well as cabins that are simple but clean and solid, not an actual “Lodge”