Light hitch swimbait?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Cman2007
Warrant Officer

Light hitch swimbait?

Post by Cman2007 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Im about to order few new soft swimbaits. looking towards more of the line through style, Osprey tournament talon anf the new jerry rago BV-3D haha the one that won the clear lake tournament this year.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Jerry_Ra ... page-JRIGH

I want to get one light hitch color to see how it work up here in the northwest, what do you guys think?
Clark Korper 16 yrs old
Auburn Sports & Marine
G.Loomis/Shimano

Bass Member
FLW Member
TBF Member

EAT.SLEEP.FISH

2000subaru
Commander

RE:Light hitch swimbait?

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Not too sure what it matches with our bait fish in the area. What makes you think that the light hitch will be bit here in the NW? I'm sure it will catch a few fish, you can make a beer bottle spinner catch fish too, but wouldn't a 6-8 inch rainbow pattern be best for the lakes you fish mostly? All of those king county lakes get plenty of planters, some even get kokes too! Bass love a trout sandwich... I'm sure Rago makes a line-thru bow you could fish. Hell, buy them both. What do I know though, I've never thrown a swimbait.

JWerner
Warrant Officer

RE:Light hitch swimbait?

Post by JWerner » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 pm

I would highly suggest the Basstrix Extreme vibration baits. I believe these came out last Summer and are proportioned differently than the original Basstrix tube swimbaits. They are rigged using an internal weight/ hook. You will have fewer snags and a good hook up ratio. T.hey have a good kokanee and perch patterned baits
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.