Fly fishing for dollies

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Teenangler07nwest
Petty Officer

Fly fishing for dollies

Post by Teenangler07nwest » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:25 am

Hi all,

Lately I've really been wanting to fly fish more and am wondering where I can get into some big trout. I've fished Stillwater and caught some bruisers but it's really not my thing. I like dry fly fishing for 10" Cutts and Bows but I really wanna get into some substantial fish. I know dollies are pretty common and willingly take streamers and sculpins. I live in Bellevue and would drive just under an hour to find some dollies or other large river trout that would take sculpins. Can anyone give me some ideas of stretches of water to fish. I am fimilliar with the Sky and parts of the Wallace but some specific parking locations and whether to walk up stream or down would be helpful. Lastly what type of water do dollies hold in? I'll be using a 6w ECHO and sink tip line with probably a sculpin and 1x tippet. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Jakob the teen angler