Streams in the very extreme NE part of state?

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Streams in the very extreme NE part of state?

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:18 pm

I am taking a trip over to an area N. of Spokane called, Ione, WA.
Near the border, and 20 miles from Idaho.
Buying the most beautiful Pram I've ever seen, from a guy over there.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a few streams to fish while in the area?
You can always PM me if you're shy about giving out locations. :-"

Edit: What am I saying?.... just realized most rivers don't open til June 1st.
I'm just so worked up, I got ahead of myself!
Well, maybe you know a small rural year round lake over there.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Re: Streams in the very extreme NE part of state?

Post by ridgeratt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 am

You have not given a date. But I do believe the Pend Oreille river is a year round fishery. There's a chance to tangle with a northern pike in the bays of the feeder creeks. Just south of Ione is the tiger slough but over the years it has been developed. Had some good crappie fishing in it. The mouth of any of the creeks this time of year should hold something.

A long time ago my grand father and dad used to shingle field mice in the creeks. LeCleric Creek was a good spot.
Also the backwaters down by Dalkena produce some good bass and crappie.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:28 am

ridgeratt wrote:You have not given a date. But I do believe the Pend Oreille river is a year round fishery. There's a chance to tangle with a northern pike in the bays of the feeder creeks. Just south of Ione is the tiger slough but over the years it has been developed. Had some good crappie fishing in it. The mouth of any of the creeks this time of year should hold something.

A long time ago my grand father and dad used to shingle field mice in the creeks. LeCleric Creek was a good spot.
Also the backwaters down by Dalkena produce some good bass and crappie.
Thanks Ridgeratt, I should have said this would be April 14-15th.
I'll keep those places in mind.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 am

the headwaters of the Columbia are in that area. I'm, not sure but there may be a few backwaters that would be safe to put in at. The main river itself would be too strong. Trophy rainbow trout fishing!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 am

Mike Carey wrote:the headwaters of the Columbia are in that area. I'm, not sure but there may be a few backwaters that would be safe to put in at. The main river itself would be too strong. Trophy rainbow trout fishing!
I'm talking about wading, at least on the streams. Float tubes/pontoon for any stillwater.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 am

ok. ya, limited wading for sure on the Columbia up there.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Don't forget the Yak outing this coming weekend. I'll be over there Thurs through Sunday. I may be open for adventuring 14/15.
And some friends of mine have a house across the street from the Pend Oriel river. May have to try for some Pikes... Heavy rod, steel leader and big fly!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Bodofish wrote:Don't forget the Yak outing this coming weekend. I'll be over there Thurs through Sunday. I may be open for adventuring 14/15.
And some friends of mine have a house across the street from the Pend Oriel river. May have to try for some Pikes... Heavy rod, steel leader and big fly!!!
Well shoot, Matt. That 14-15th falls right into your days off. I forgot about that, and have a friend lined up for the road trip.
The reality is that we have an 8 hour drive to ione, WA. to pick the Pram, that kills Friday, then drive Friday eve to some destination to fish Sat. (May wind up at Omak for Spring in-shore spawning)- short trip, then try to be back Sat. night-- Wife has Easter ideas/Sunday. :-k ](*,)

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah, isn't that the truth! Easter!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:40 am

This isn't where you're asking about, but if you're coming back I-90, Coffee Pot is a nice selective fishery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-LwdrPU4Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:47 am

MarkFromSea wrote:This isn't where you're asking about, but if you're coming back I-90, Coffee Pot is a nice selective fishery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-LwdrPU4Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Mark, I have not been to coffee pot in many years.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:41 am

The club has an outing planned for june to coffee pot. I may make it over a bit earlier too.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm guessing it's been 4 years since I was last there, just stopped by, caught some fish, trout and bass, near the ramp from shore then back on the road. It was a bit windy, and the ramp wasn't usable. I really should make it a destination fishery some day and stay for a couple days when I have a good idea the wind isn't going to be too bad. I think it's a one trout limit now, or was. I'd have to look all that up, but it's a nice area and there is another lake near(W?) there I'd like to try some time. I used to hit it regularly right before the regular opener on the way to Williams. Not in a long time now.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Post by ridgeratt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:00 am

Looked at a couple of year round lakes above Colville this weekend. There is just enough ice you can't fish them and not enough to walk on. ](*,)

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 am

Just to the SE of Colville is a couple lakes... HAtch is winter fishery, but the one near it somewhat is/was a selective fishery.... I'd have to find it on a map and cross ref with the regs. Used to hit Hatch regulary, been a couple years. let me know if you need a hand finding it.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:09 am

MarkFromSea wrote:Just to the SE of Colville is a couple lakes... HAtch is winter fishery, but the one near it somewhat is/was a selective fishery.... I'd have to find it on a map and cross ref with the regs. Used to hit Hatch regulary, been a couple years. let me know if you need a hand finding it.
I actually decided to go with original plan, and turn this back into my usual Omak lake adventure.
I appreciate the lake ideas though. May look them up to see how close they are to where i am.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: bsp Streams in the very extreme NE part of state

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Mathewveife wrote:When I first started using this blog there was a place where you could post equipment for sale. Is this the right placce?

Just go to the classified section.