2021 Pink Salmon

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
pickardjw
Petty Officer

2021 Pink Salmon

Post by pickardjw » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:34 am

Starting a thread to talk about the 2021 pink salmon run. Anyone hitting the Skagit this weekend for the opener?

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Re: 2021 Pink Salmon

Post by 4n6fisher » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:04 pm

No but I drove over it on my way back from shrimping today and it was like milk chocolate, not the normal aquamarine (it was just a little silty in the morning). Fish checker said there had been lots of people catching pinks in the salt, south of deception pass, and they were jumping everywhere south of Lopez.

pickardjw
Petty Officer

Post by pickardjw » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:45 am

Fished it Sunday 8/15 and I don't think there was any way to catch one without hitting it in the nose. Couldn't see my jig 1/2" under the surface. Looks like some people have been having better luck since. Hoping to get out on the Snoho now that it's open.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Yep going to try my luck on the snoho. Don't worry about seeing the jig, the ones that will bite are right on the bottom. Warm water is tough to get them to bite. Early or late.......
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!