How do I fish at Lake Chelan...... never fished there or with my boat....

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
PouserKeith
Angler

How do I fish at Lake Chelan...... never fished there or with my boat....

Post by PouserKeith » Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 pm

I would like to take my little Smokercraft 12 foot Alaskan Lite to Lake Chelan to try to fish for those great looking Kokes I've been seeing. I've never done much fishing outside of the Seattle area (Lake WA, lower Duwamish, Beaver Lk, Alice Lk, Angle Lk, etc) anyway, this would be my first multi-day trip with the boat in tow.

How does one do a trip like this (spending a few days at Lake Chelan)? What should I plan to do with my little 8 horse motor when not fishing?!? (lock it in my minivan?)

I guess I am nervous about the logistics of a trip this far away from home in Renton. I guess I need to know about lodging options too, if you have any...... =P~

Thanks in advance, Pouser Keith

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: How do I fish at Lake Chelan...... never fished there or with my boat....

Post by Mike Carey » Sat May 06, 2017 12:05 pm

If you like to camp the state park is very nice, now taking advanced reservations (recommended ). The city park is ok, easy access to food, coffee, etc. Never a bad idea to secure stuff!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:06 pm

I have camped at the city park and launched there as well. You can rent a dock space over night as well. Safe, clean and great people. Boat was always safe. You can call first and set up a reservation prior to your trip. We tent camped, no fires in the park only down fall. But fishing is great and the lower basin has lots of areas with good fish.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 am

Just keep an eye on the weather, it can and will change in a hurry.