Lost and Found, Lost, Help!

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rseas
Commander

Lost and Found, Lost, Help!

Post by rseas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:36 pm

So if anybody finds a 2-sided Plano type box full of custom Kokanee/trout gear and a life long collection of small customized stick-baits please contact me. It may have sprouted legs and walked out of the garage or...it may even be along the road in Burlington, old 99, Cook Road, the 20 or??? reward if found and returned.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Lost and Found, Lost, Help!

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:47 pm

oh no!!!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Oh, that is just brutal...... Sorry, hope it turns up. [sad]

Last time I did that, it started on the top of my car and the guy behind me swerved for it..... one word, flat tackle box.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Good news! Even though we had already done a "follow the dots" drive looking for the box when we discovered it missing and found nothing; yesterday I walked the first part of the drive (I have a well beaten path to the non-ethanol station...). About 100 feet from the driveway I noticed the box sitting there in some tall grass getting ready to jump into the wash.

I told it that that it was needed, that we had been life long friends and that it would be seriously missed if it jumped. It understood and let me pick it up and take it home. Now it and all my other tackle boxes are safely at home swapping fishing stories and enjoying life in the tackle cabinet.

Not sure what I did but as part of a revised routine I've been using the swim-step/offshore bracket as work area and must have left it there while reading the boat for Baker Lake adventure.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:43 pm

You'll have to handcuff it to the boat railing for awhile, until it learns to stay put, where you put it, and no sliding off to meet it's girlfriend fishie...
Tom.

Interests: living

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Nice! A happy ending =D>

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:57 pm

:cheers: So glad its home safe and sound.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Glad you found it safe and sound. Now you need to make a check list that you do every trip, including a walk around the boat from the passenger side of the truck and work your way around the boat and touch your straps and check your swim step then around the boat check motors plugs and then on to the drivers seat of the truck. I do this every time and it has saved me time and time again. Do the same for launching. New boat new stuff.......get a check list and stick to it.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:53 am

After I forgot a net at Reiter one time I always check my "fishing list" I create the night before on my phone. I usually check it before I leave my spots as well and it has helped. I often talk to myself when I leave the house or my fishing spot. keys, phone, wallet, poles, boxes, etc hahaaha.
Glad you found it!

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Glad you found your gear. I lost my main pretied / wedding ring collection on 405/167 last year. Was a very sad day. It was a horrible empty feeling almost worse than a death in the family. I too drove the locations searching.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"