Advice on RV Parks near Keller Ferry

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
WallDiver
Angler

Advice on RV Parks near Keller Ferry

Post by WallDiver » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi,
My wife and I are new to the forum. We have been fishing for Koke for 13 years. We are transplanted Californians that has moved to Nevada for retirement. We have just returned from our yearly trek to Flaming Gorge, which we have done for the past 10 years. The size of the Kokes have been reduced from the past few years and the limit restrictions and cost has made us decide to try a new area. I would like to try Roosevelt lake next year. I have been reading about the lake and checking camping sites for the past couple of days. From what I have read, Keller Ferry and Spring Canyon areas are good spots for the larger Kokes. I have a 5th Wheel and would prefer a RV park with full hook ups as near the lake as possible. I would also appreciate any advice on the best areas to fish. when is the best time of year to increase our chances at zeroing in on the larger Kokes? I would Prefer Spring to summer. I am a little confused that most people are saying that winter is the best time for Kokes there! My experience has been in California we fish for Kokes from June to end of August, by September they are turning. Thanks in advance for your advice.