Horseback Alpine trip suggestions.

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
billa98272
Petty Officer

Horseback Alpine trip suggestions.

Post by billa98272 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 am

We have horses and trail ride and adhere to LNT practices. I'm looking for some suggestions for a good lake to fish. And any other Trail riders who frequent this forum, would like to hear of past trips. Maybe even plan some trips.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Horseback Alpine trip suggestions.

Post by natetreat » Wed May 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Chek out some of the lakes in the alpine lakes wilderness out by Leavenworth. I just spent the day on the Chiwaukum creek trail picking mushrooms, and I know that further back it connects to some other lakes. Awesome trail, and super cool because of the forest fire.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Re: Horseback Alpine trip suggestions.

Post by MotoBoat » Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 am

natetreat wrote:Chek out some of the lakes in the alpine lakes wilderness out by Leavenworth. I just spent the day on the Chiwaukum creek trail picking mushrooms, and I know that further back it connects to some other lakes. Awesome trail, and super cool because of the forest fire.
Is the Chiwaukum Creek still closed to fishing? Last time I fished that cool little creek was 25 years ago, or more. Bach then the creek was planted with trout.

Nate, the fire in which you speak, was that part of the Carlton complex fire?