Lake Helena

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jjonesls11
Angler

Lake Helena

Post by jjonesls11 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 am

Hey guys,

Don't post much, but lurk often.... Ran in to an old timer yesterday that was telling me about a lake in the mountain loop/ robe menzel area called Lake Helena. He said there is no direct trail too it, but that it was loaded quality fish the last time here was there (10+ yrs ago). We talked about a bunch of different lakes, and I can't recall where he described it as being exactly. I've been scouring google maps this morning, but no luck. Has anyone heard of or been to this lake? If so can you lend a brother a hand? PM would be great if you don't want to expose this "secret" on the net. Thanks!

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Lake Helena

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:05 pm

There is a Helana Lake in Port Orchard but you dont need to hike into that one :)

There is also one here:

http://mapcarta.com/23939818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:12 pm

I cant find anything to helena, but this was the closest trail to Independance and North lakes.
http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/inde ... orth-lakes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jjonesls11
Angler

Post by jjonesls11 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys! Looks like you could bush whack from the Kelcema Lake trail head through a pass near Devils peak and end up at Helena. I might just have to give it a shot!