Campbell Lake

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Campbell Lake

Post by Dave M » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:33 am

Does anyone know if there is an actual trail to this lake? Can't find any directions other than go to the end of crystal Mt BLVD.
Below is the piece from the articel on fall hikes.

Campbell Lake is the ultimate Pierce County high lake, sitting at approximately 5,591 feet above sea level. Offering up trophy sized brook trout, this rather small lake is a big draw for the locals. In order to get there take I-5 south to I-405. Follow 405 to Sunset Blvd N in Renton taking exit 4 to WA-169 then onto WA-410 E, continue on WA-410 to Crystal Mountain Blvd

san
Angler

Re: Campbell Lake

Post by san » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Couldnt find much info on campbell lake.

There are coordinates at this link tho:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/h ... ty/Pierce/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 am

I think I found a trail that will get me there, probably will not get to try it until next spring. Will have to see how long the snow holds off up there.

san
Angler

Post by san » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Let me know how it goes. I'm not a hiker but want to start hiking to some of these Alpine Lakes.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:47 pm

There are a few that are relatively short and flat hikes that are good starters. Sheep lake by chinook pass as well as dewy lake same parking area different direction. And summit lake is not a bad hike. Take a look at washington trails association, you can find the hiking info there.
There is also mirror and cottonwood near snoqualmie pass.