Lake Trout?

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cwbraue
Petty Officer

Lake Trout?

Post by cwbraue » Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 am

Does anyone have a list of what mountain lakes in Wa actually have lake trout? I know that Lake Isabelle and Eight Mile lake have been planted with them, but I don't know if they are still any left or not, or which other lakes might have them. I am probably going to go back to Eight mile soon and try some deep trolling for them, but it would be nice to have confirmation that they are still in there other than decades old information that is usually found online.

Of course Cle Elum and Kachess have them, but I don't have to gear to troll 200 feet down.

buzzbob
Petty Officer

Re: Lake Trout?

Post by buzzbob » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Here is a link from the Washington trail blazers on lake trout stocking:

http://www.watrailblazers.org/science/c ... claketrout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the lakes have not been rehabilitated and they are over 70' deep, then the lakes planted with lake trout usually have good populations left. Also, Kachess and Cle Elum are not mysis lakes, therefore, it is rare to catch one at 200', most fish are between 60-120'.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Snoqualmie and bear lakes. Havent been to Sno yet, but bear we caught one last year.

cwbraue
Petty Officer

Post by cwbraue » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:25 am

I've never heard of lake trout in Lake Washington, it seems like it would be too warm and low on oxygen these days with the warmer summers we've been having.

The Landlord
Angler

Post by The Landlord » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 am

When you return to Eight Mile, fish the steep north shore on the rocky drop offs. No need for a boat, bring some 1/2 ounce white jig heads with white mini squid, 6 pound test and a light rod that can cast a ways. Toss it out and let it sink...once it reaches bottom, twitch it back. It wont take but a twitch or two and you will hook all the lakers you want. They are not large, 14 to 20 inches, but big by alpine standards. You can keep two and they are good eating! enjoy.

The Landlord [laugh]

cwbraue
Petty Officer

Post by cwbraue » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks!

meandermeadows
Petty Officer

Post by meandermeadows » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:52 am

It's not an alpine lake, but they are in lake Cle Elum
Fisken Morder!!!