I-82 ponds crappie and blue gill channel cats

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
nwtoolman
Petty Officer

I-82 ponds crappie and blue gill channel cats

Post by nwtoolman » Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm

I am taking a 4 day weekend, and am taking my 14 year old out to go fishing. What pond should we hit first? We want to catch crappie and blue Gil. Any suggestions? We have an inflatable raft, and are planning to head out tomorrow. I have a few jigs from jigmeister,(sp). We have an inflatable boat we are bringing. Also looking for a cheap motel r camp site in the area for tomorrow night.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Re: I-82 ponds crappie and blue gill channel cats

Post by TroutSnipr » Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 am

Pond 4 and Buena pond (Pond 6) are going to be the best for both access and fishing in general. Historically I can say that crappie and bluegill are definitely going to be the secondary fish here because they do a lot of trout stocking for the size of the ponds. I can tell you there are 10+lb cats in Pond 6. The one problem you might have is its getting awfully close to carp spawn in Eastern Washington, and that generally totally kills the bite on the small ponds until they are done. KOA has a campground in Yakima at Sportsman park, and there are quite a few cheap Motel 6ish places in Union Gap, Toppenish, and Sunnyside.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

nwtoolman
Petty Officer

Re: I-82 ponds crappie and blue gill channel cats

Post by nwtoolman » Fri May 24, 2013 8:07 am

Thank you I appreciate the info