Columbia river panfish

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Columbia river panfish

Post by crappiemaster » Fri May 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Went down to my Columbia river backwater honeyhole and it finally produced some keepers. Hadn't been biting that well last time I went a couple of weeks ago. Starting to move in. Can't wait for breakfast!!!
026.jpg
026.jpg (43.82 KiB) Viewed 2754 times

mitchellcb
Angler

Re: Columbia river panfish

Post by mitchellcb » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 am

Very Nice! I've been trying to find panfish on the Columbia for a few years now. We used to have a bunch in the Tri-City area when I was a kid but sadly they are hard to find. Any hints on what stretch of the River you find them? Would never ask for specifics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:39 am

Paterson sloughs and the ridge unit which are about 5 miles west of Paterson. Bluegill, perch and crappie are pretty hot right now. Lots of nice smallmouths are being caught as well. The sloughs are hard to fish if you don't have a boat but some guys are walking in from the highway. Be CAREFUL with rattlesnakes. Extremely good chance to run into one this time of the year. If you have a boat you can launch right below the town of Paterson. It is a primitive launch, but works well. Jest be careful because it is shallow for quite a while before it drops of to the main channel. Good luck! Beaver huts in the sloughs will get good here pretty soon!

mitchellcb
Angler

Post by mitchellcb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks appreciate the info.