Moses Lake Walleye

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Wildcat21
Angler

Moses Lake Walleye

Post by Wildcat21 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:00 pm

I have never fished for Walleye before, but I am heading over to a house on Moses Lake this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a newbie? We will have a dock to fish from and a 6 person river raft that we can take out a short distance to fish. Any tips on bait, lures, technique, etc. would be greatly appreciated from y'all!

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Moses Lake Walleye

Post by Larry3215 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Google Walleye fishing. You will find more than you will have time to read :) Thats what Ive been doing for the last several weeks - getting ready for a trip to banks and our first time after Walleyes.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:11 pm

You can also search this forum for tons of info :)

fisshinfool
Angler

Post by fisshinfool » Tue May 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Moses I like dark smoke grub coper flake drag slow across bottom or a blue fox about any color. Alder street fill I think it's called is a good spot moses has lots of walleye in it we did well this winter ice fishing some huge perch too good luck

ncwflounderer
Lieutenant

Post by ncwflounderer » Wed May 21, 2014 5:27 am

maybe a lighted bobber with a worm under it would work off the dock at night. that's what we did back in Iowa to get them from the dock.
Eat, sleep, fish

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Wed May 21, 2014 6:38 am

Recommendations depend on which area of town you are staying at. I'm headed out in a few minutes for a morning of walleye fishing.

Wildcat21
Angler

Post by Wildcat21 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks for the help! We are staying over by Crest Island (between Parker Horn and Lewis Horn)

fdelgado17
Angler

Post by fdelgado17 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:45 am

From the dock I would try some crankbaits like a #5 or #7 shad rap in the low light hours, an hour before and after sunrise or sunset. I like perch, clown, and crawdad colors. The fish will move shallow to feed and can be caught that way. In the later hours I would throw a jig from the raft in deeper water. For jig colors, the smoke is good as well as black and chartreuse, motor oil, and browns. This time of year most fish are between 7 and 12 fow. I have caught a lot of walleyes off the point just to the east of crest island. You can also cast into shore and catch a lot of smallmouth.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat May 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Just posted a Moses Lake article in the articles section, maps, hotspots, etc.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".