Crappie Fishing - Snohomish Co.

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fisherman92
Lieutenant

Crappie Fishing - Snohomish Co.

Post by fisherman92 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:55 am

Hey all,

I was thinking about maybe going for some Crappie/Perch/whatever on maybe Lake Cassidy or a few other smaller local lakes I have in mind. I used to catch Crappie and perch all the time as a kid and with fishing being pretty slow lately I just want to get into some fish. I'm wondering if I should fish near shore or towards the middle of lakes? Use bobber and worms? Jigs? Hook size recommendations? Not quite sure. I have a small pontoon I use for lakes or waders for better shore access. I usually don't target these fish, I'm more into salmon and bass fishing, but why not. I have a decent idea of what to do but any advice from folks who target these species will help!
Thanks!

slabmaster
Angler

Re: Crappie Fishing - Snohomish Co.

Post by slabmaster » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:20 pm

I used to fish that lake quite a bit and have had some truly epic days fishing this time of year. Back when there was a little resort with dock I would fish from the dock using micro jigs 1/80 oz. in standard red/white, yellow white etc. and a fixed bobber set pretty deep 6-8 ft or near bottom. The crappie perch trout and bass all loved it even more if tipped with a maggot or piece of garden redworm. There is a dock on the east side that is open to public. The signs are poor/nonexistent and parking limited, but well worth the hassle if your shorebound. Good luck!

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:44 am

Thanks Slabmaster. I appreciate the info. Ill post reports if I do any good!

bigfishguy
Petty Officer

Post by bigfishguy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:21 pm

A guy at Lake Washington ramp told me yesterday "this lake has some huge crappie in it" - I wasn't even talking about crappie, and he brought it up. I think Lake Union has big crappie at times too. I don't bother until May, however, for crappie.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Caught my biggest one at 60' across from the practice field. Caught a nice perch there to. Drifting with a spoon dragging the bottom. #1 hook!

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 pm

read the reports for cassidy lk and or bryant lake.. lots of good info for crappie fishing.. i fish them in the spring and summer from shore and had pretty good success but with the water being so cold id focus on fishing deep.. if you want perch id focus on stevens.. fish the deepest water you can find with either a worm or piece of perch meat

Salmon King
Warrant Officer

Post by Salmon King » Sat May 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Slab master...there’s a public dock in Cassidy?