2018-2019 Regs/ Spokane River

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
hewesbob
Lieutenant

2018-2019 Regs/ Spokane River

Post by hewesbob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 am

Just a heads up that in the new regs WDFW mistakenly omitted the section of the Spokane River from SR 25 bridge to Little Falls Dam. I emailed them about this and their response was that they will at some point print a correction but until that time as of July 1st. the limits will change to statewide rules which means the Walleye daily limit will decrease to eight fish from sixteen per day and I think that the Kokanee will change to the new statewide limit of ten fish per day. I'm not sure how many other omissions there are statewide in the new regs so as of July 1st. check the new regs closely before fishing any waters.

Eglseder
Petty Officer

Re: 2018-2019 Regs/ Spokane River

Post by Eglseder » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks for the heads up! I was trying to flip through regs yesterday and thought something funky was going on there. It would suck to get a ticket for that, when they misprint, but best to follow what it says. I will be curious to see how these new koke regs work out for the lakes that are "trophy" fisheries...wondering if the 10 fish limit will hurt the overall size over time.