bluegills and crappie

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
panfisher
Captain

bluegills and crappie

Post by panfisher » Sun May 20, 2007 9:24 am

heres some areas to check out for some good panfishing. quincy wildlife refuge has several lakes that have great bluegill fishing this time of year. some are managed just for the warmwater fishery. the wasteways in the potholes to quincy areas hold some good bluegill, crappie, perch. check out the I-82 ponds some good crappie fishing to be had in ponds 4,5,6. must do some walking to find them though. quincy slew also has some good crappie and bluegill. try not to over catch what you take home.

CK14
Lieutenant

RE:bluegills and crappie

Post by CK14 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:19 am

don't forget about the potholes, hutchinson, & roesiger. these can be killer for crappie.

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Sun May 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Fish Lake in Cheney is loaded with Blue-Gill. We never keep any, but fun for the family to catch a lot of something.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 20, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun May 20, 2007 7:59 pm

The potholes are the best. I might be heading too quincy this weekend where are good panfish lakes in Quincy

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun May 20, 2007 7:59 pm

The potholes are the best. I might be heading too quincy this weekend where are good panfish lakes in Quincy

Volk
Petty Officer

Post by Volk » Wed May 23, 2007 5:17 pm

potholes as in the potholes under moses lake? Ill be there for teh bass this weekend. but if there is good fishing for panfish, please tell me where and what to use. my gf would love to catch fish non-stop instead of the waiting around game. sounds like fun, thanks.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed May 23, 2007 7:45 pm

Volk wrote:potholes as in the potholes under moses lake? Ill be there for teh bass this weekend. but if there is good fishing for panfish, please tell me where and what to use. my gf would love to catch fish non-stop instead of the waiting around game. sounds like fun, thanks.
Your best bet would probally be a worm for non stop action. Its VERY simple as well. If you want to work a little bit you can grt a crappie jig. I like the 1/64 oz in yellow/white or all white, tip it with a maggot and your set. The Mardon resort on ptholes resevior has evrything you need. It also has a really productive and huge fishing dock. Its free to fish if you stay there or $5 a day if your not staying there.The resort also has a map of the potholes for sale its like $3 and it tells what fish are in each lake, wich lakes have boat launches, wgere the camping is, and basic directions. I would recomend the resevior and soda lake. They both have a lot of fish, big and small so while your realling in that 4lb bass your girl can real in all the panfish she can handle. These lakes allow you to keep 25 blugill,25 perch and 25 crappie,but...... if you have a mixed bag of crappie and blugill your only allowed 25 combined. Crappie have to be 9", blugill, I think 6" but check that out in your rules and regs. and there is no size limit on perch. If you havnt eaten them YOU have to try it there great. Im leaving for the weekend tommarow if you have any Qs PM by this eavning and Ill get back to you tonight or tommarow morning

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu May 24, 2007 9:17 am

i've found that a good source of info for a variety of fishing is in the fishing mags' the one i like the most is the (in-fisherman) magazine. this mag has great how to articles and right now there should be good panfish articles in all the mags. <')//<

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Thu May 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Uhm....Pattison.not PATTERSON...in Thurston county is awesome for HUGE....I mean HUGE. for big, hand sized, circle makin gills..makes me dizzy thinking about them now...T.
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Fri May 25, 2007 8:44 am

my favorite area is the lakes in the quincy area. i've been averageing 8" on the gills this time of year. you have to be willing to wade around the reeds and cattails to find those areas or get to them with a boat or tube. one lake is the evergreen res,. i'll hike the shoreline looking for areas that the gills are building their condo's. were theres gills there usually are bass close by. the gills averaged 71/2-8" last year with a few over 9". i've had the pleasure of a few tiger musky come in and keep me company. you'll need to watch out for rattlers especially in the cliff rocks along this res. good camping areas around this area and there are several warmwater fishery lakes and trout lakes with good access's. if one lake isn't working you can go to another in only a few minutes. i use micro jigs with a small amount of tinsil tied in with the feathers 2-4lb line on a long pole. a cheap flyrod with a spinning reel works great for pan fish, lets you cast further, fight bigger fish useing lighter lines. and can get over most cattail and reeds along the shore. <')//<

Slabking
Petty Officer

Post by Slabking » Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 am

Lake Ohop is heating up. We caught these guys on Saturday.

Need to know more about crappie in Washington? Washington Crappie Page

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Mon May 28, 2007 9:48 am

nice pic's. i hope to put some on soon to. going to wait for the crowds to leave. the fishing should be hot this week.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 28, 2007 11:44 am

Sweet Slabking! =p~ =p~ =p~
Nice job out there.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;