non-lead jig

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dbrowning
Petty Officer

non-lead jig

Post by dbrowning » Tue May 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Does anyone know where you can purchase a non-lead jighead. I tie my own feather jigs and have had a problem finding the jigheads without lead, if they even exist. Loon Lake requires non-lead jigs and buckshot which I had used to catch perch. Looking to buy some in the Spokane area or maybe online. Thanks for the help!
<>< Dave

gpc
Admiral

RE:non-lead jig

Post by gpc » Tue May 22, 2007 2:30 pm

You should check out bass pro and cabelas. Im from sea tac and the JOES in federal way carries non lead wights, I wasnt looking for jig heads but if they have weights I dont see why they wouldnt have jig heads

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:06 pm

like just the hooks used for jigs?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

dbrowning
Petty Officer

Post by dbrowning » Wed May 23, 2007 2:33 pm

Appreciate the help, gives me a place to start.

dbrowning
Petty Officer

Post by dbrowning » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:25 am

Just to let anyone who is interested know. I bought some non lead buckshot at the General Store and pinched them on some plain hooks and after coating them with powder paint I had myself some non lead jigs. thanks for the help though. Good luck to all.
<>< Dave