• Bluegill and Crappie

• Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules: Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
 #241014  by Salmon King
 Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 pm
This being my 1st full season of lake fishing in this state I’m looking for information on where to find Slab-sided Bluegill and Crappie. Something bigger than my hand is what I’m looking for.
Something preferably on the West side of the mountains.
Anyone know of such a lake? Not willing to share it on the forum? PLEASE...SEND ME A PM!!
I truly love fishing for panfish. I’m not much for trout.

Thanks all...
 #241024  by juggalo
 Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:27 pm
Your best bet on that side of the state is to find some yellow perch. Lake Washington has some good size ones.
 #241092  by juggalo
 Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:58 am
Yes yellow perch are delicious. The trick is finding a school of 10+ inchers
 #241269  by countryboy87
 Thu May 03, 2018 2:44 am
Campbell is right up the highway from ya and has bout every specie you could throw a rod at including catfish trout bass perch crappie bluegill. thats more than enough to keep ya busy for a season..
 #241551  by Salmon King
 Thu May 03, 2018 7:28 pm
Countryboy...

I’ve fished Campbell lake for 30 years. I don’t care what the WDFW book says is in the lake.
I’ve never seen nor met anyone that has caught a Crappie, Blugill, or a Catfish out of that lake.
Haven’t even seen any in old pictures of catches from there either (Harold’s Market just down the road has quite the picture wall of catches from the lake).
But thanks for the thought....
 #241567  by countryboy87
 Sun May 06, 2018 11:37 pm
My dad living on lk Erie when i was a kid i spent tons of weekends on Campbell. We used to catch lots of bass trout and panfish.. Lk Erie store had lots of pictures of catfish from Campbell even some bigger ones..
 #241640  by KarpKilla
 Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 pm
Lake Cassidy, east of Marysville, has some pretty big perch and crappie. I've also caught some nice pumpkinseed at Blackman's Lake. My dad caught a pumpkinseed as big as his hand once at Blackman's, when he was reeling it in he thought it was a baby carp or something.
 #241679  by Salmon King
 Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm
Thanks! That’s great info for me.
I’ll be out of fishing until mid Jun (just had hand surgery).
I’m already chopping at the bit to get back on the water!!
 #241696  by Kdxfish
 Sat May 19, 2018 5:57 am
Just last night caught 11 bluegill from Bonney lake. Most only about 6 inches but they seem to readily hit tiny spinners when trolling.