Forum Guidelines and Expectations

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Appropriate Language and Posts for this Forum and Website, USE POLICY - please review

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

reelman wrote:Thank you Mike. I love being able to sit and read a fishing report to my kids. It gets them excited about fishing and I get a fishing buddy. To me, fishing is a vehicle to make memories that my children will have for eternity and nothing beats the look on a kid's face when they've tied into a nice fish.

I know visiting other sites, I have not put them in my "favorites" because of the frequent F-bomb or other colorful language. If I were advertising, and I had my choice, this is where I'd want to be seen.

As for harassment, we've got a good group here. There've been a couple times I've been called out, but each time, the other party has been man enough to come back and apologize.

I am offended though Mike, that you were in Eastern Washington, and you didn't swing by to go fishing. Let's hope your son likes WSU or EWU or Gonzaga and we can find some way of patching this up.
that sounds like just the ticket. Who knows what the may bring.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Appropriate Language and Posts for this Forum and Websit

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Just a friendly reminder to people. If the only reason you post on the forums is to be a jerk and make rude comments, don't be surprised if you find your account deleted. When you sign up for the site you agree to "terms of use". I know people skip reading this stuff, but we really are serious about them. Being obnoxious is not going to win you many friends in life. This may be "just a fishing site", but it's our fishing site and people come here to relax and enjoy each others conversations, not have to read some kill-joy's comments. There are plenty of other web sites you can join that don't care, this isn't one of them.

Ezlivn89
Petty Officer

Post by Ezlivn89 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:43 am

amen, preach it!
It wouldnt be called fishing unless you are always catching, best of luck!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Lately we've noticed a few new members deciding it's ok to use the forum to call members "poacher" and let them know they are being watched. This is harrassment and will not be tolerated. Consider this your warning. Don't use the forums as your personal harrassment tool. If you think someone is poaching then go through the proper legal channels. Using a forum to make accusations is cowardly and won't be allowed.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:16 pm

A reminder to all - the fishing report comments section falls under the web site Terms of Use Policy. Mainly, posting harrassing comments is not acceptable use of the site.

If you are unhappy with what someone has legally done in their report, please don't post up how upset/angry/annoyed you are. It's their report and they are providing the rest of us a service by reporting on the fishing. The last thing they want to see is angry comments directed at something they were legally allowed to do.

If you are that unhappy about it, the forums are appropriate places to have general discussions (as in, the topic, but not then signaling out the person that posted the fishing report). We encourage open dialog but that is what the forums are for, not the report comments. Please don't use the report comments as a place to debate.

BTW, people that post fishing reports have the ability and are encouraged to delete comments that offend or bug them for any (or no) reason at all. Consider it like a FaceBook thread where someone posts on your wall and you can then delete it.

Thanks for helping to keep this site civil and encouraging (not discouraging) fishing reports.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks for the reminder Mike! The civility a SFW environment that this site provides is one of the main reasons I like it so much. We're all friends here!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm not...

I hate myself...

Tom.

Interests: living

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Re: Forum Guidelines and Expectations

Post by kodacachers » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:33 am

Hi all, I'd like to know the etiquette when someone asks for a guide recommendation and there doesn't appear to be a sponsor who would provide the requested service. Should we ignore the question? pm them? This came up over a Westport charter (where I was very nicely reminded of the rule, thanks Nate). I don't have any interest in promoting non-sponsors, just trying to answer a question in the few situations I may have some info. Thanks.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:30 pm

The etiquette would be to not mention non-sponsors since they aren't helping support the costs of running the site. However, we also don't want to be sponsor-nazies. The forums we tend to be more lax on, the fishing reports, however, we don't allow names of non-sponsors, so that would be our general site rule.

greenboater
Angler

Post by greenboater » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:18 am

OOPS ! I made a mistake of submitting 2 reports when only 1 was needed , Is it possible to delete first report filed 9/16/17
could not figure out how to do this . I think the second report is better information although the same ideas were used.
If this can be done please do so , It's been a while since I have made any reports .
Thank You Gerald Klotz AKA greenboater

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 am

You can send Mike a PM with a link to the report that you want deleted. Only the Admin can delete or edit the report.
Tom.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Just a reminder.

Posting negative or harassing comments on member's fishing posts will have your account deleted. We will not tolerate members being abused for the legal activity of fishing. If you're unhappy about a report keep it to yourself. I can tell you from personal experience, no one wants to read a nagging or negative comment when they post a fishing report to share with others.

This is not negotiable.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Can I critize myself when I post a report? [scared] [laugh]
Tom.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Amx wrote:Can I critize myself when I post a report? [scared] [laugh]
You are without fault Amx. [laugh]

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Glad you wrote that reminder. There have been a couple ‘snarky’ comments I have seen that I have refrained from making ‘snarky’ comments on... Or smarta$$ comments on at least. This is a pleasant, fun site. I for one would like it to stay that way.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:47 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Amx wrote:Can I critize myself when I post a report? [scared] [laugh]
You are without fault Amx. [laugh]
I just don't know how to spell 'criticize. lol
Tom.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 am

TrackerPro16 wrote:Glad you wrote that reminder. There have been a couple ‘snarky’ comments I have seen that I have refrained from making ‘snarky’ comments on... Or smarta$$ comments on at least. This is a pleasant, fun site. I for one would like it to stay that way.
for sure. The best way is to report those snarky comments and let Admin decide what to do with it.

thanks!