Need some tips for Lake Tapps!!!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
PhillipAndWorld
Angler

Need some tips for Lake Tapps!!!

Post by PhillipAndWorld » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm going to be taking a boat out on Lake Tapps in Pierce County next weekend. Primarily going to try targeting the nice muskies i have see people pulling out of there. this would be my first time trying to target muskie's. all i know is you gotta try to find the weeds and try using buck tails or some soft plastics. and on the internet it said to use is a heavy fast action 8 ft rod with 80 to 100lb leader. thats all i know. Any advice or tips someone can provide me would be very helpful. i am going to be heading to basspro/sportmans warehouse to pick up tackle.

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Re: Need some tips for Lake Tapps!!!

Post by Onmygame » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 am

Sorry that I have no info to offer on the fishing there, however be very careful motoring around that lake as there are a LOT of stumps right at and below the water line.

Lots of water skiers and jet skiers too, but they mostly live on the lake and know their way around.

The best of luck.

onmygame

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Need some tips for Lake Tapps!!!

Post by Amx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 am

STEEL leader 10" to 15" long, whatever the store sells, not mono or floro or braid.
Tom.

Interests: living