Strangest by Catch pictures!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Bent hook pontoon
Petty Officer

Re: Strangest by Catch pictures!

Post by Bent hook pontoon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:29 pm

salmonkiller wrote:
Larry3215 wrote:Uuuggg! You guys with the hook-in-hand pics are giving me the willies! Ouch to both of you!
Just think of those pics of the hooks in our hands as a “friendly reminder” of how sharp and dangerous the hooks are…. I have been fishing my entire life and thank goodness this has only happened one time.. Yes; there have been a few close calls but nothing like this. I’m a lot more cautious when I’m handing fish I plan to release now… I also wear sunglasses all the time or as soon as the sun comes up… Had a few close calls in the that department as well…..
It is going to happen. I got it hiking into a lake on Father’s Day a few years back, and my wife got it last year. Both cases we didn’t panic and used the skills we had learned by being proactive by getting certified in hook removal on YouTube. Best part both trips we continued to fish after the hook was removed. It’s not so bad once it’s out.