Lake Goodwin Boat Launch closing for the summer of 2018

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
JoshH
Lieutenant

Lake Goodwin Boat Launch closing for the summer of 2018

Post by JoshH » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 pm

For those that fish Goodwin, the boat launch at Wenberg will be closed June 1st - September 30th for repairs to the launch/dock. While a bummer, the fishing really dies off for trout (unless you want to bottom fish bait) from about the 4th of July through September anyway. Could make for some good fall fishing there, which is my favorite time on that lake anyway.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Re: Lake Goodwin Boat Launch closing for the summer of 2018

Post by fisherman92 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 am

I was thinking about selling my 14 ft lund that's on Goodwin so I can upgrade to a bigger boat but now I'm thinking leaving it there and have a nice calm summer of fishing.... plus you might have a great fall out there josh if it has that much less pressure all summer!

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:33 am

Surprises me that they decided to close it during the summer months. Place is nuts during the summer - I always shoot for getting off the lake by 10 just so it doesn't take an hour just to get my Hobie out of the water.

Yea the fall fishery there is probably my favorite trout fishery around, should make for some good fishing!

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 pm

I wonder if when it reopens they will change the hours from the 7-7 nonsense? I hate fishing that lake since the County took it over! It's almost as if they don't want boater's there at all. I imagine the fee to use the fancy new ramps will skyrocket as well.... We will see I guess.

dutchman2858
Commander

Post by dutchman2858 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Kinda sucks for us bass fishermen, though!

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:31 pm

8theB8 wrote:I wonder if when it reopens they will change the hours from the 7-7 nonsense? I hate fishing that lake since the County took it over! It's almost as if they don't want boater's there at all. I imagine the fee to use the fancy new ramps will skyrocket as well.... We will see I guess.
I know the county park on Lake Stevens lists the same hours, but they definitely open it well before 7am for all of those kokanee fishing before the crack of dawn. I've shown up a few times at Goodwin and waited as much as an hour and a half for someone to show up and open the gate.

I am surprised they didn't put a launch in at the north end park.

I just don't understand their logic in doing it over the summer months. That is a ton of revenue they are leaving on the table. Seriously closing right before the 4th of July? Wow. Those are some good smallmouth months too. Last summer watched someone jig up fish after fish over by the yellow boathouse on the west side.

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

I'm going to jump off the dock at Lake Goodwin and guess the reason they are doing it in the summer is weather related and going to almost for certain dry. My friend swears the lake has a second public launch on the lake but ... hopefully they finish it when they say they will and the lake temp drops to a point that people can take advantage of that fishery.

I really like watching Josh's video's of fishing that lake late in the season and it's during those periods I wish I lived closer to it.

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:55 pm

They are also closing the launch at Kayak point park for the summer. Guess Snohomish county is doing all there repairs in that area at the same time, seems like they should stagger those closures.

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Actually closes May 1st, not June 1st. My bad.