Trout Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
SoCal_Fishing
Angler

Trout Fishing

Post by SoCal_Fishing » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am

Hey guys! I am going up to Whidbey Island this Summer to trout fish. I was wondering where I could go and not get skunked. The max I want to drive is 2 hours. I use powerbait, salmon eggs, corn, mallows, and nightcrawlers. Can anyone point me in the direction of a really good Rainbow Trout fishing lake or pond? I will be shore fishing and want a somewhat smaller lake with good shore fishing. Thanks yall!

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Trout Fishing

Post by BentRod » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 pm

SoCal_Fishing
Angler

Post by SoCal_Fishing » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 am

What are the best spots to fish for trout from shore at Cranberry Lake? Do they have rental boats? And what should I use there? Thanks man!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:06 am

This site has a research section for different lakes.
Go here:
http://northwestfishingreports.com/Area/Details/7488

Also, if the lake access is on State Park land you’ll need to buy a State Parks pass. $10/day or $30/yearly

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:01 pm

For cranberry lake, the dock isnt bad right near the park entrance. All along the north shore where the road runs right along the lake is a lot a good spots to fish. Also at the boat launch, a little trail goes off to the left and dumps out at quite a few spots to fish from the rocks. A few access spots along the south shore, but its very weedy there. No boat rentals.

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Check to see if theres advisory on cranberry as there can be water quality issues in the summer but theres excellent fishing there fo rainbow and brown trout along with perch and bass.. Years ago they rented boats but sure that was discontinued