Pinus Lake on Mt. Baker

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
RipOffington
Angler

Pinus Lake on Mt. Baker

Post by RipOffington » Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Greetings friends! I am new to the forum, and fishin'. i have found some awesome info for beginning my fishing journey. I have been researching the different lakes in my area (Mt. Baker in whatcom county, town of glacier) and am going out scouting this weekend. I am starting with Pinus lake. It was stocked with Cutthroat in sep '15. i only found one report of no bites from a geologist on a field trip. If anyone has and info they can share with me about Pinus lake, i would really love to hear it. Also Tomyhoi, Bearpaw Mountain, and Church lakes. There are a chain of about 7 small lakes almost due north of me which i plan on hiking as well. will make sure to report back to you guys on each one.

I plan on treking around my area and doing some stream fishing, too. i live right next to glacier creek and the mighty Nooksack (which i dont want to drown in). hiking upstream for brookies seems like a great time. there are lots of contributory streams all around me, and Glacier Creek is in my back yard (but not open yet, i guess).

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Pinus Lake on Mt. Baker

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 25, 2018 6:28 am

I was only able to find stats - 1.5 acres, elevation 2450, 7 miles east of Glacier. Good luck and let us know how you do!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 am

RipOffington wrote:Greetings friends! I am new to the forum, and fishin'. i have found some awesome info for beginning my fishing journey. I have been researching the different lakes in my area (Mt. Baker in whatcom county, town of glacier) and am going out scouting this weekend. I am starting with Pinus lake. It was stocked with Cutthroat in sep '15. i only found one report of no bites from a geologist on a field trip. If anyone has and info they can share with me about Pinus lake, i would really love to hear it. Also Tomyhoi, Bearpaw Mountain, and Church lakes. There are a chain of about 7 small lakes almost due north of me which i plan on hiking as well. will make sure to report back to you guys on each one.

I plan on treking around my area and doing some stream fishing, too. i live right next to glacier creek and the mighty Nooksack (which i dont want to drown in). hiking upstream for brookies seems like a great time. there are lots of contributory streams all around me, and Glacier Creek is in my back yard (but not open yet, i guess).
I sent you a PM

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 pm

hmmm, didn't get one

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Sorry Mike, I was replying to RipOffington's original post.

RipOffington
Angler

Post by RipOffington » Wed May 30, 2018 3:40 pm

heh. i got it! ty!