Looking for carp in King County

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
reichugo
Angler

Looking for carp in King County

Post by reichugo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Hey all-

Im looking for some shore based areas where you have seen decent carp activity in King County. I know Washington Lake has some and if you know where they congregate, that would be appreciated! Any smaller waters would also be appreciated. Ill be hook and line fishing and not bowfishing.

Also- any veteran carp anglers lurk these boards?

thanks in advance
Reichugo

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Looking for carp in King County

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:06 pm

Green lake, in the middle of Seattle.
360 degrees of shoreline. Carp are crazy big and plentiful.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 pm

On Lake Wa, up by the U, but they may not like you fishing from there. On the South West side of the 520 bridge there is a lot of swampy area that is good. On the South East side under the I-90 bridge there are a lot. Any place where there are a bunch of Lily Pads you will find them, in pretty much any lake around here but there are a LOT in Lake Washington. State record is just shy of 50 lbs. Green lake is full of them as has been stated.

FrostyAusty
Petty Officer

Post by FrostyAusty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:59 am

Also Lake Union around any of the docks or piers. I see a group of carp almost everyday on my lunch break just swimming around, look pretty big too. Good luck!

Kank2Lord2
Angler

Post by Kank2Lord2 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:41 am

The Quadfather wrote:Green lake, in the middle of Seattle.
360 degrees of shoreline. Carp are crazy big and plentiful.
I myself live nearby, heard only about happy fishermen from there, I did not try

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm

TrackerPro16 wrote:On Lake Wa, up by the U, but they may not like you fishing from there. On the South West side of the 520 bridge there is a lot of swampy area that is good. On the South East side under the I-90 bridge there are a lot. Any place where there are a bunch of Lily Pads you will find them, in pretty much any lake around here but there are a LOT in Lake Washington. State record is just shy of 50 lbs. Green lake is full of them as has been stated.
I'll second the south side of the eastern I90 bridge. Ive crappie fished here near the lily pads, at night with lights and seen many large carp hanging out above the pads and weeds. Some huge, but mixed big and small. Would be easy targets with a bow at night with lights, but difficult with a rod and reel.(weeds thick)

Lake Tapps has a lot of monster carp. They'll swarm around lights during there spawn under the bankers island bridge. Ive caught many from docks in the area with dough bait on the bottom, (in the 80s and 90s) Also see a lot in clear water conditions near Jenks Park. Ive seen the record size variety across the street from lake tapps in hidden lake near the south end.

Bass Lake in enumclaw has a new population of common carp. I only see them in the spring in the shallows.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"