Priest Lake Idaho / Flathead Lake Montana guides / camping recommendations

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
NorseNW
Petty Officer

Priest Lake Idaho / Flathead Lake Montana guides / camping recommendations

Post by NorseNW » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:41 am

Looking for some info (guide recommendations and camping spots - truck camper that takes up 25' total) on Priest Lake, ID or Flathead Lake, MT. Leaning more toward Priest Lake to save a couple hours drive time from Vancouver, WA but if someone says Flathead is worth the extra 2-2.5 hrs I'll give it a go. Thank you

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Re: Priest Lake Idaho / Flathead Lake Montana guides / camping recommendations

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 am

Are you looking for info to ice fish this time of year or for next spring? Priest has good lake trout if that's what your after and there is a nice campground at Indian Creek State park on the east side of the lake. It has a good boat launch and some good mack spots within a mile or the launch.

NorseNW
Petty Officer

Post by NorseNW » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Wow - I missed the boat on that one didn't I! Sorry I was looking for next spring. I ended up booking with Blue Ribbon Charters and we have a campsite at the Outlet at Priest Lake on the west side. I think I was a little behind in booking a spot. Not much left so I grabbed what I could. I wanted to stay at Indian Creek but they were all booked up already. This is a scouting trip so I figured I would book a guide. If it turns into a trip for us I will be bringing my own boat and will try to get in to Indian Creek for that trip.

Any chance you have input for river / stream fishing in the area? One day will be lake fishing with the guide and the other will be adventuring. The wife likes to fly fish and I don't mind it so I've been trying to track down some info on nice places to hike along and fish a stream or something like that.

I'm still open to other input in case this trip takes a dump on me. Thanks!

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:27 pm

I would have highly recommended Rich Lindsey of www.TheIdahoFisherman.com for a guide. He really knows his stuff on Priest. I defiantly know all the hot spots on the river and creeks in the area, but I don't really want to blow up my spots so Email me at rick@fnflures.com and I can let you in on some info that will help you I think.