Pierce County Bank Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
seahawkfan2020
Angler

Pierce County Bank Fishing

Post by seahawkfan2020 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Hey hey!
I have an 8 year old that has really started to get into fishing. So far we have hit up Alder lake, Tanwax, Ohop and American lake. We've been targeting rainbows at each spot with decent success. I don't have a boat (yet) so we can only fish from the bank. I've been google mapping but most lakes around Pierce county don't seem to have much bank access. I was just curious if any of you all had any recommendations for other lakes to check out with decent to good bank access. Doesn't have to be pierce county either. He wants to go out this weekend so I'm trying to find our next adventure. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Tight lines!

Smokeploe
Angler

Re: Pierce County Bank Fishing

Post by Smokeploe » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:59 am

A little further is Riffe lake on hwy 12, there is a fishing access right at the dam. I go there for a few hours either in the morning or the evening. Been using shrimp with a nightcrawler using a slip bobber at a depth of about 25 feet. Most of my fish have been in the
16-19 inch range, silver salmon. Most of the people there will help you with info on the depth and which bait is working that day.

Good luck
Smokeploe
Smokeploe

seahawkfan2020
Angler

Post by seahawkfan2020 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:53 am

Thanks for the suggestion! Riffe has been on my radar but it's a bit of a drive without knowing how much bank access is available. I'll definitely check it out though. Thanks again!

KevinS
Petty Officer

Post by KevinS » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:31 am

With an 8 year old, Lake Bradley in Puyallup might be an option. The WDFW sites says Bradley "open year round only for juvenile anglers, senior anglers, and anglers with a disability" with "good shoreline access" and is stocked with trout.
https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/locations/l ... ke-bradley

seahawkfan2020
Angler

Post by seahawkfan2020 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 am

Thanks Kevin! I live about 5 minutes from Bradley Lake. He caught his first trout ever there. We've been there a ton and I should have mentioned it. We could see fish jumping about a week ago and it hasn't been stocked in quite a while.