Long Lake (Kitsap) - Can I eat?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
endearingbrew
Angler

Long Lake (Kitsap) - Can I eat?

Post by endearingbrew » Sat May 22, 2021 11:32 pm

I recently moved to the Kitsap County, and I've been itching to fish but haven't had a ton of time, so I started making quick morning trips to my nearest "lake", Long Lake. I've had okay success pulled a couple bass and a cuttthroat, but I wasn't sure about bagging the trout because the lake seems kinda small and a little gnarly.

I googled and found that last year they had a cyanobacteria outbreak there, and at the time they recommended not even swimming in the lake.

I was just wondering if anyone has fished the lake or has lived here long enough to know "you never eat a trout from Long Lake" so that if I catch one I'd like to take home I just throw it back instead. On the other hand if anyone regularly eats trout they catch there, I could sure go for a trout dinner.