Kokanee lake wa

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Augie57
Angler

Kokanee lake wa

Post by Augie57 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi, I’m a newbie fishing for Kokanee in lake wa. I’m in the south end so I launch at Atlantic City boat launch.. I go across the lake to south end of Mercer island..
Have there been any Kokanee caught lately? Am I to late? Been trolling flasher and different hoochie.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Kokanee lake wa

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:13 am

they are available year round, you're not too late.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

pickardjw
Petty Officer

Post by pickardjw » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:13 pm

Hey Mike,

Any tips on where to go on Lake WA this time of year for kokes? Thinking about knocking the dust off the downriggers on Sunday.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:34 am

pickardjw wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:13 pm

Any tips on where to go on Lake WA this time of year for kokes? Thinking about knocking the dust off the downriggers on Sunday.
Some of my favorite Kokanee spots this time of year are just south of the i90 bridge and up by Kenmore. Focus on deeper water and look for suspended school of fish in 40-80 fow. On Saturday my hot depth was 45' with a 100' set back.

One thing I have not used is that these fish tend to move around a lot. So pick a troll pattern and stick with it and keep an eye on the sonar.

pickardjw
Petty Officer

Post by pickardjw » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:36 am

Four days on Lake Wa over the last month and a half and two kokes total. Both within the last week. One at 6:30pm on a brad's plug and one at 11:00am on a God's tooth. Both south of I-90 at about 40-50 feet down, set backs 50'-100'. Been marking fish here and there, but even when my gear is going right through them no bites. Then out of no where with no marks I'll get a bite.

Might play hooky from work tomorrow and go try somewhere that allows 2-pole.