Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Jordan
Lieutenant

RE:Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Post by Jordan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Name: Jordan Osborn

Location: University of Washington during October-May, then on breaks and summer I live in East Wenatchee

Fishes:
Species:Anything that swims, never have fished for sturgeon, and a little inexperienced with salmon and steelhead,

I am a student so when at school I do not have a boat but have lots of gear for bass/panfish but can get lures for salmon, steelhead, trout, etc... very easily. I am only able to fish from shore so I would be very fortunate to be able to hitch along with someone. I am able to do whatever it takes and very cooperative with other people. I am really only able to fish weekends and some friday's.....

When I am at home, my dad and I have a 16' polar kraft that fishes 2 comfortably and even 3 not too bad. Fish mostly bass and panfish... would like to get some walleye.. has depth finder and also fish for trout... no down riggers.....

shoot me a pm or email whenever and try to work something out would be great!!! Thank you

also forgot to say that I love to fly fish and am pretty good at it, too... just thought that might help things
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm

[quote="Mike Carey"]I know there's a lot of demand for a Fishing Buddy Feature so until we get one running let's try this. Post if you're interested in finding someone to fish with and what days off you have. Add any particulars you'd like. As the list builds it will give you a quick "go to" list to contact people that may have those days off. You can also use this thread to announce "Open Boat" invites as well.

RULES: (at least to start!) If someone declines an invite accept it without making a big deal of it. There can be any number of reasons why a person would say no, so if they tell you "no thanks, not today" let it go at that. No pressure, no worries and this should work good for finding new fishing buddies.

Legal Disclaimers: Use of this list is voluntary. Members are encouraged to know who you are fishing with. If you are under eighteen you need to include that because parents will need to give permission. WL.com can not be held liable for Fishing Buddies Gone Bad. :chef:

I'll go first and we'll add to this list as time goes on. Please use your member name so people can look up PMs easily:

Mike Carey - I work every other weekend, available on some weekdays - Mondays and Tuesdays. Have boat, Westside Puget Sound area. I'll fish trout (fly or hardware), bass, and muskie. Also saltwater and rivers when the mood strikes.

The Quadfather - I fish bass or trout or panfish from a boat. Westside, generaly the King/Snohomish County area. Also bottom fish Puget Sound. My days to fish are Sat-Monday from the boat, or weeknights from a float tube.

reddog - East side. North Spokane. Weekends, typicly Saturday. A weekday evening at Eloika or Diamond on occasion. Bass, Pike, etc. Very rarly trout. Even caught a bass in Diamond. One of my "target fish" success stories. Have exchanged cell # with another "east sider" from another post. Look forward to meeting more WALakes.com members over here that like Bass fishin.

stanford - I'm available SAT and SUN most of the time. Fish the Salt, just need some gas money to get off the ramp. Live in Edgewood/Black Diamond area.

ryan2202 - Fly fish rivers, lakes would love to fly fish the salt. I hardware fish for trout and bass too. Love fishing Salt, just don't have the means to right now...Up for putting gas money with the buddy. I don't own a boat, have access to a small 10ft aluminum with small electric motor. I fish from the pontoon a lot. I live in the south king county area, but not stuck to that location, I can get around easily to anywhere. I'm free some weekdays in the afternoon. Most weekends are free for me as well.

mav186 - Boat- Yes (186 Weldcraft)
Primary Fishing- Lakes and Rivers for Rainbow, Cutthroat, Silvers, Wally’s, Catfish, and yes…even Bass (lol)
Would Like to Learn- Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead (salt and fresh)
Primary Locations Fished
-Western Wa- Lake WaWa, American Lake, Lake Sammamish, Alder Lake
- Eastern Wa- Rufus, Roosevelt, Curlew, Banks, Potholes

General Notes- Typically have an open seat(s) when I go. I will use this list and send out PM’s to find potential fishing partners when I go out. This will include trips east of the mountains as well. If you fish these areas or anything similar to these…please don’t hesitate to PM me. We can go in my boat, your boat, both boats, or by shore if river fishing. I’m pretty low keyed with one helluva sense of humor…Thanks!

bassmasterderek - G3 16'8" aluminum tub
Bass ONLY -fishing pierce, thurston, mason and sometimes lewis county
For now I do smoke cigarettes!
I usually go on sat/sun mornings but work by 1. Or weekdays provided I have a sitter for the baby bassers!

jf0 - I sometimes have 1 open seat on weekends morning or evening, occasionally evenings after work.

Usual Lakes: Lake Desire, Spring Lake
Boat: 12' Aluminum vhul
Fish: Bass

AaronE - Name: Aaron Egnor (AaronE)
Primarily fishes for bass, accidentally catches trout LOL
Lives: Federal Way, WA
Works: Redmond, WA
Fishes: EVERYWHERE. I have no problems leaving the house at 2am to drive 3 hours to hit the morning bite somewhere. I just need some advance warning on road trips. I *am* married and need to keep it that way hehe
Prefers: Float tubing. I'll go tubing with anyone, anywhere. Love getting the backseat on a boat, too.
Easiest way to contact me: Email me at martyrcomplex1@yahoo.com - it gets checked all the time and alerts my cell when I have new email.
Disclaimer: I smoke and have a potty mouth. If you're allergic to smoke or f-bombs, putting us in a jon boat together is probably not a good idea hehe. I'm also a big guy (6'1, about 300) so if I'll sink your Livingston, keep that in mind :)

fishingmachine - 7 foot livingston
Fishes two people great.
Fish all species but mainly bass
But if you are a trouter i can manage
I fish Pine Lake and Beaver lake along with Lake Joy and Phantom Lake
Available everyday during the summer.

Toni - I have a boat but can’t take it out in big water]2000subaru[/b] - Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.

MaxEpx82 - Im only good to fill a seat ! :-)

Spokane, Washington, Able to drive , Free every single day !

Kokonuts - Lake Merwin.......Kokanee....... ......I am at the Lake most every weekend & some weekdays!

18ft. Hewes with room for 1 or 2. Send a PM .....Kokonuts....

Smokum - 17' Crestliner w/90 E-tec and MinnKota etc.

Almost always an open seat for lakes and am close to Lk Sawyer and Sammammish. Most weekends .

Ya gotta put up with an excited 12 yr old grandson who could possibly outfish anyone in the boat.

PM or e-mail me and let's go

Bisk1tSnGraV - (Jay)

Availability: I usually am able to fish at least one afternoon after work and one of the weekend days.

Location: I live down in Spanaway but will travel to get a chance out on the water.

Species: I primarily fish for Bass but will fish for whatever may be biting.

Notes: I am a boat rider or a back seat filler. But just like AaronE, I am a Float Tuber and will fish with most anyone. Thinking if I can fish with AaronE I can handle anyone ... LOL. It is just great to explore new water, meet new friends and just fish.

PM me if you are looking for someone to help chase the fish to your hook.

Denman - I'm in! My schedule is pretty hit and miss though. I work at a sporting goods store, so being retail, I close alot during the week and weekends. Best thing to do, is pm me and we'll go from there. I'd be happy to take someone out on Lake Tapps (I live on Church Lake) or other bodies of water nearby. I fish for bass and Muskie on Lake Tapps and will hit the salt now and

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

the Salmonid Kid
Angler

Post by the Salmonid Kid » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:33 am

I've got Sundays and Mondays off and a pretty flexible schedule... Looking to find some knowledgeable metalhead and salmon partners... Do a lot of Bass fishin between summer steelie trips in summer ..... trout & panfish bank fishing wizard ... big channel cats in summer....Saltwater action whenever i get the opportunity.... would love to go out for Tiger Muskies with someone who knows what they're doing would love to get into some giant sturgeon with someone who knew what they were doin... Ice fishing next winter? ... ... pretty much an addict

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Updated...

[quote="Mike Carey"]I know there's a lot of demand for a Fishing Buddy Feature so until we get one running let's try this. Post if you're interested in finding someone to fish with and what days off you have. Add any particulars you'd like. As the list builds it will give you a quick "go to" list to contact people that may have those days off. You can also use this thread to announce "Open Boat" invites as well.

RULES: (at least to start!) If someone declines an invite accept it without making a big deal of it. There can be any number of reasons why a person would say no, so if they tell you "no thanks, not today" let it go at that. No pressure, no worries and this should work good for finding new fishing buddies.

Legal Disclaimers: Use of this list is voluntary. Members are encouraged to know who you are fishing with. If you are under eighteen you need to include that because parents will need to give permission. WL.com can not be held liable for Fishing Buddies Gone Bad. :chef:

I'll go first and we'll add to this list as time goes on. Please use your member name so people can look up PMs easily:

Mike Carey - I work every other weekend, available on some weekdays - Mondays and Tuesdays. Have boat, Westside Puget Sound area. I'll fish trout (fly or hardware), bass, and muskie. Also saltwater and rivers when the mood strikes.

The Quadfather - I fish bass or trout or panfish from a boat. Westside, generaly the King/Snohomish County area. Also bottom fish Puget Sound. My days to fish are Sat-Monday from the boat, or weeknights from a float tube.

reddog - East side. North Spokane. Weekends, typicly Saturday. A weekday evening at Eloika or Diamond on occasion. Bass, Pike, etc. Very rarly trout. Even caught a bass in Diamond. One of my "target fish" success stories. Have exchanged cell # with another "east sider" from another post. Look forward to meeting more WALakes.com members over here that like Bass fishin.

stanford - I'm available SAT and SUN most of the time. Fish the Salt, just need some gas money to get off the ramp. Live in Edgewood/Black Diamond area.

ryan2202 - Fly fish rivers, lakes would love to fly fish the salt. I hardware fish for trout and bass too. Love fishing Salt, just don't have the means to right now...Up for putting gas money with the buddy. I don't own a boat, have access to a small 10ft aluminum with small electric motor. I fish from the pontoon a lot. I live in the south king county area, but not stuck to that location, I can get around easily to anywhere. I'm free some weekdays in the afternoon. Most weekends are free for me as well.

mav186 - Boat- Yes (186 Weldcraft)
Primary Fishing- Lakes and Rivers for Rainbow, Cutthroat, Silvers, Wally’s, Catfish, and yes…even Bass (lol)
Would Like to Learn- Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead (salt and fresh)
Primary Locations Fished
-Western Wa- Lake WaWa, American Lake, Lake Sammamish, Alder Lake
- Eastern Wa- Rufus, Roosevelt, Curlew, Banks, Potholes

General Notes- Typically have an open seat(s) when I go. I will use this list and send out PM’s to find potential fishing partners when I go out. This will include trips east of the mountains as well. If you fish these areas or anything similar to these…please don’t hesitate to PM me. We can go in my boat, your boat, both boats, or by shore if river fishing. I’m pretty low keyed with one helluva sense of humor…Thanks!

bassmasterderek - G3 16'8" aluminum tub
Bass ONLY -fishing pierce, thurston, mason and sometimes lewis county
For now I do smoke cigarettes!
I usually go on sat/sun mornings but work by 1. Or weekdays provided I have a sitter for the baby bassers!

jf0 - I sometimes have 1 open seat on weekends morning or evening, occasionally evenings after work.

Usual Lakes: Lake Desire, Spring Lake
Boat: 12' Aluminum vhul
Fish: Bass

AaronE - Name: Aaron Egnor (AaronE)
Primarily fishes for bass, accidentally catches trout LOL
Lives: Federal Way, WA
Works: Redmond, WA
Fishes: EVERYWHERE. I have no problems leaving the house at 2am to drive 3 hours to hit the morning bite somewhere. I just need some advance warning on road trips. I *am* married and need to keep it that way hehe
Prefers: Float tubing. I'll go tubing with anyone, anywhere. Love getting the backseat on a boat, too.
Easiest way to contact me: Email me at martyrcomplex1@yahoo.com - it gets checked all the time and alerts my cell when I have new email.
Disclaimer: I smoke and have a potty mouth. If you're allergic to smoke or f-bombs, putting us in a jon boat together is probably not a good idea hehe. I'm also a big guy (6'1, about 300) so if I'll sink your Livingston, keep that in mind :)

fishingmachine - 7 foot livingston
Fishes two people great.
Fish all species but mainly bass
But if you are a trouter i can manage
I fish Pine Lake and Beaver lake along with Lake Joy and Phantom Lake
Available everyday during the summer.

Toni - I have a boat but can’t take it out in big water]2000subaru[/b] - Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.

MaxEpx82 - Im only good to fill a seat ! :-)

Spokane, Washington, Able to drive , Free every single day !

Kokonuts - Lake Merwin.......Kokanee....... ......I am at the Lake most every weekend & some weekdays!

18ft. Hewes with room for 1 or 2. Send a PM .....Kokonuts....

Smokum - 17' Crestliner w/90 E-tec and MinnKota etc.

Almost always an open seat for lakes and am close to Lk Sawyer and Sammammish. Most weekends .

Ya gotta put up with an excited 12 yr old grandson who could possibly outfish anyone in the boat.

PM or e-mail me and let's go

Bisk1tSnGraV - (Jay)

Availability: I usually am able to fish at least one afternoon after work and one of the weekend days.

Location: I live down in Spanaway but will travel to get a chance out on the water.

Species: I primarily fish for Bass but will fish for whatever may be biting.

Notes: I am a boat rider or a back seat filler. But just like AaronE, I am a Float Tuber and will fish with most anyone. Thinking if I can fish with AaronE I can handle anyone ... LOL. It is just great to explore new water, meet new friends and just fish.

PM me if you are looking for someone to help chase the fish to your hook.

Denman - I'm in! My schedule is pretty hit and miss though. I work at a sporting goods store, so being retail, I close alot during the week and weekends. Best thing to do, is pm me and we'll go from there. I'd be happy to take someone out on Lake Tapps (I live on Church Lake) or other bodies of water nearby. I fish for bass and Muskie on Lake Tapps and will hit th

w_alleye41
Angler

Post by w_alleye41 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 am

fish2live
Petty Officer

Post by fish2live » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Hello all east siders!

New to spokane, die hard fisher. Have boat 78 seaswril 15.5 feet, able to fish Monday thru Friday all day. I have a dog a rottie very friendly he is myfishing buddy, if you want please contact me thru pm or email jdg5811@gmail.com or call 4255312747. I fish for all species. All I ask is that you pay for partial gas 50 50. Don't care what lake I fish.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Updated - from now on I'm going to just refer people back to the first page of this thread. So when you see me write "updated" you'll know you've been added to the list. Which is getting pretty darn long I might add!

tsschaff
Angler

Post by tsschaff » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:48 pm

To 2000subaru get a hold of me at tsschaff@comcast.net pleast

tsschaff
Angler

Post by tsschaff » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:53 pm

I am looking for anyone around Tacoma who has bnoat and needs a fishing partner I have tackle and will fish for Bass, Trout, crappy Etc, I just love to fish anytime week days or weekends at your pleasure reach me at tsschaff@comcast.net

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

updated

tsschaff
Angler

Post by tsschaff » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 am

to jtrapier get a hold of me about fishing tsschaff@comcast.net.

michaelpettersen82
Angler

Post by michaelpettersen82 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 am

Just moved out west from Minnesota, obviously love fishing!! Do not have a boat and am used of fishing lakes for Walleye. Have no idea how to fish for Salmon. Live in Vancouver, WA. Anyone willing to help a fella out????

slicbob
Petty Officer

Post by slicbob » Sat May 22, 2010 5:24 am

Name: Bob Emry
Days off (until June 13th Mon & Tues then Sat & Sun)
My boat 15' Smokercraft or yours either way doesn't matter to me.
Fish: Way too much trout want to learn Bass & Walleye also love to carch Crappie if you know where to catch the legal ones. Also would like to go saltwater, but not in my boat.
Willing to travel if time permits but unable to drive long distances at one time.
Biggest down falls: Very big 6'0 360lbs, drink smoke & swear.
Any other questions please don't hesitate to email me at slicbob@yahoo.com, but be sure to put fishing from WL.com in the subject line.
I also dock fish lakes I can't take my boat on, but once again I would really like to learn Bass on Sammamish, Washington, Stevens or Goodwin or for that matter any other lake.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 22, 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun May 23, 2010 10:16 am

updated, see first page of thread for current list

Eoso
Warrant Officer

Post by Eoso » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:32 pm

-Joseph

-Bass
-Always looking for an open seat.
-Will pay for the gas and launch fee.
-Very flexible schedule.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Updated list, see page 1

CraigMcElroy
Angler

Post by CraigMcElroy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:35 pm

I am in Spokane, no boat but love to fish for whatever/ wherever. As long as I'm fishing for something I am happy. I am always willing to pay for gas if anybody with a boat needs a buddy to fish with in Spokane I'm your man.

I'm retired so I'm available most weekdays. Try to keep weekends free for the family.

My number is 509-638-8913 or email is webtasticdesign@gmail.com
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:42 pm

updated...

Norton360
Angler

Post by Norton360 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Name: Austin Norton
Fishes: Mainly salmon and steelhead
Hobbies: Tying flies and steelhead jigs
Rivers I'd like to fish: Skokomish,Cowlitz,Kalama,Humptulips,Nisquallly,Carbon,Puyallup,Chehalis,Satsop,Skookumchuck,Wynoochee,Hoh,Bogachiel,Queets. Pretty much any main rivers but the Cow is one I wanna get to know more.
Time available: Almost always. I don't have a job at the minute but if you need money for gas in the boat or gas in the car to drive to a river I can manage the money for that.
I do not have a boat, I am more interested in finding a seat on an open jetsled or drift boat. River fishing is where its at for me 99% of the year. Lakes are not till spring and summer for me in the mix of my river fishing. Looking for someone that loves the rivers as I do. I'm just lookin for someone that is laid back and will BS with me while flippin spinners for silvers or drifting for steelies. I'm here to teach or learn whatever the case may be, I need some up and up on steelheading though ;) only fish in the NW that has eluded me.
Habits: I do smoke cigarettes and most of the time I don't have a filter for my mouth.
So if you have an open seat to go upriver in a sled or drifting in a drift boat i'd love to take part in that. On the other hand if you are just looking for someone to bank fish a river with I am ALWAYS up for that.
Tight lines everyone and hope to see you on the water!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life fishing"

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Name: Justin
Hobbies: other than work lol Fishing and hunting, salt water tanks my other passion!

fishing anything legal I can eat not into stuffing animals.

Areas: salt, fresh, and rivers I don't care I have waders and poles for all of the above. I been out every weekend for the last 3 months to finally catch this last saturday 2 flounder and kept bull fish kept and crabs released as I cried and people asking for them as I kick back to the water still crying. I play by the rules as I have a wife and she cost alot I don't need any extra bills aka tickets for something I can spend less on at a store. both of my kids fish with me my son is out with me every weekend saturday early mornings until dark we fish rain slet or snow we don't care as long as we are having fun. and making memories. I am learning to fish the Northwest way as I am from Las vegas moved here jan of this year have a salmon pole and reel spin learnign other reels baitcaster's seem pretty easy also. but other then lake mead and various ponds in vegas I am lost when it comes to fishing. Not scared to drive as gas is free sompany car got to love it. No boat but in the plans already I will have to give up my dreams of a Harley for the boat. willing to make the drives I do smoke tabbaca drug free and full of tattos. sing to my self and crack jokes and why do I feel like I am writing for a dating site. haha but looking to get some guidence for locations to fish names of lakes don't help me as I am in the computer age If I cannot find it on gps I more then likely will never find it unless on accident. I will fish for anything edible and legal to keep for the season. directions gps coordinates even cross streets will help. I have been doing alot of reading on this site I like it and plan on joining this weekend full of information and normal mostly helping fisherfolks during the week is the hardest time to fish or meet it can be done with enough notice I drive all day and my customers laugh at my gear in the back of my work car I am percistant and want to land a salmon. to justify me spening money on these hoover dam lures that people say work lol. I do not have a filter on my mouth and drink sometimes I thnk I said smoke also.

places fished: so far the sound dash point and puyllap river when it was open and also marina at west port I think everyone thier caught a fish but my family. and a few lakes in my area other then that haven't ventured out as I do more driving then finding the places I read about.

days off sat sun everyweekend.

I do welcome Invites on boats I am not opposed to a invite and will help in any way to midigate the cost for fuel and beer food what not. I can go by my self or with my son who is 11 and loves to talk and fish my daughter 16 also fishs and is my other partner on the rivers, when not doing homework.
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;