Boat security on the cheap....

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Larry3215
Admiral

Boat security on the cheap....

Post by Larry3215 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 pm

We always worry when we are camping or staying in hotels when we have to park the boat away from where we can keep a direct eye on it. Its a royal pain having to unload all the gear into the truck or hotel room and them slog it all back before you can go fishing in the morning.

I just saw this idea for using a wireless driveway alarm/motion sensor on another forum and it looks like its worth a shot. Its certainly cheap enough to give it a try.

https://www.harborfreight.com/wireless- ... 93068.html

Anyone tried this one or anything similar or have any other options or suggestions?

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Boat security on the cheap....

Post by TrackerPro16 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:31 pm

I use one for 'rat alert' down by our old horse barn. Works good. I had to put some tape over the speaker as it was quite loud at 2 in the morning.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Boat security on the cheap....

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 am

X2, they work really good and if you can hide it, no one will know when they trip it and you can meet them with a little persuasion so they understand the folly of their ways.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!