New Boat/Motor thoughts.

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Sideburns
Commander

Re: New Boat/Motor thoughts.

Post by Sideburns » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 pm

Mike10gs wrote:Thanks everyone who gave me there experience and advice. I ended up getting the 16'Lund wc with 20hp Suzuki.
Should be ready to pick up Saturday. Super excited.
Now comes the work! Rod holders, fish finders, downriggers oh my......
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 am

Sideburns wrote:Now comes the work! Rod holders, fish finders, downriggers oh my......
That's the fun part where you make your boat "yours". [cool]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 pm

hewesfisher wrote:
Sideburns wrote:Now comes the work! Rod holders, fish finders, downriggers oh my......

Yeah, after you get over the first hole drilled in the new boat..... They hurt less with time.

Mike10gs
Petty Officer

Post by Mike10gs » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am

Sideburns wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 pm
hewesfisher wrote:

Yeah, after you get over the first hole drilled in the new boat..... They hurt less with time.
Hahahaha it's so funny you say that I have literally not put anything else besides rod holder's because I dont want to screw in yet. I took of the paddle holders or oars whatever they are called. Those were screwed on, so I just took those off and replaced with my rod holders. So not really new screws anywhere yet. I have a fish finder that I do not know how to really put on. If anyone has pictures or ideas as to how you did it I would appreciate it. I hate that my fish finder does not have how fast I go. Not sure if I want to buy a new dish finder or find something that will give me accurate speed when trolling.

I have downrigger but the ones that clamp. Since the boat is not thick enough, so i use a piece of wood to clamp it. I have most of my stuff, it's just placing it where it will best suit me.
Thanks everyone. I've taken the boat out for about 3 hrs now trying to break the motor in. Been fun so far. Want to go fishing Sunday morning.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 am

I have moved my fish finder on this 15 ft boat a few times. Happy now. I mounted the base with only 2 of the 4 holes to the 1 inch wide side rail. I like to use 3/16 aluminum pop rivets to mount my accessories because they never rust or loosen up. Been that way for years now and is still solid.
20190323_005002.jpg
This was my first fishing boat, traded for labor. Had dents, leaks etc... Long story short, I had no problems drilling lots of holes in the old beat up thing. Experimented with setup, holders and moved things around.... It was the perfect boat to make my mistakes on! When the 15hp evinrude that came with the boat didnt quite reach the water (short shaft) I grabbed a sawzall and made it work! Lol