Serious advice

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Rookie Retiree
Angler

Serious advice

Post by Rookie Retiree » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:44 pm

I've been an outdoor type my entire life and at one time or another fished for most of the NW fish species. However I've let work get in the way for most of the last 30 years. Recently I've made an offer on a vacation property put a deposit on boat and refocused my energies on an impending retirement.

I only bring this up as I've never owned a boat before and I'm finding some of the options daunting. My desire is to fish multi species as I enjoy hitting into a school slab crappy as rewarding as landing a 25 lb king (almost). Getting downriggers, 9.9 kicker, electric trolling motor on a 20' aluminium sport boat. What I really need help is with the fish finders all of the new technology from the Humminbird/Minn kota I link to Panoptix Livescope (which is cool technology). I'm not rich but I also want to get this done right to enjoy thoroughly. I'll likely spend a lot of time on water alone so I want to be well equipped. (Especially wanting to learn about Walleye techniques)

I'd really like to know who's using Hummingbird, Garmin, or other, what you wished you had or regret spending money on. What is my most likely mistake to avoid. I'll want to get all these installed before I pick up the boat so going to make decisions in the next few weeks. Thank you in advance for any info or experiences you may share.

RR