What brand of smoker/BBQ you got?

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
fisherman92
Lieutenant

Re: What brand of smoker/BBQ you got?

Post by fisherman92 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:13 am

I have an electric Master Built I got from cabelas a few years back. Its super easy to use and its been great. It has pumped out some delicious smoked salmon. If it's cold out it has a remote to control temp, timer, etc I can use from inside while watching the smoker through my glass slider doors lol.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:04 pm

Are you getting much smoke flavor from your rectec pellet smoker? My sister bought one last year, and we just cant seem to get as much smoke as I would like. The easy start up and acurate temp control was awsome though.

I use an offset bbq/smoker. I use this style because I'm stuborn as a mule, and just cant smoke meat without my favorite alder. I have alder trees on my property, and heat my house with it too. To cut alder for the smoker I fill my chainsaw bar oil tank with veg oil instead of the bar oil.

It is more difficult to get a proper smoke with a setup like mine, fired completely by wood, because you have to feed small amounts of kindling sized wood every fifteen minutes to avoid smoldering or flare ups. Closing the draft to far or feeding larger firewood causes the dreaded grey-brown thick smoke (instead of the prefered bluish-white smoke) and or too big of temperature swings.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:46 am

Have had a Bradley digital for longer than I can remember and works perfect for me.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

ellamella
Petty Officer

Post by ellamella » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:48 am

Any opinions? What is better electric or propane smokers? Advantages disadvantages for each?

best gooseneck electric kettle