Crabbing 2020

Our hardshelled friends found here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Crabbing 2020

Post by racfish » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:56 pm

I finally got my boat back to being seaworthy and my body as well. Im seeing very dismal crab reports. I'd like to get out once while my boat and body are well synced. Any suggestions from anyone. I used to do Utsalady a lot but haven't heard good things. Some one prove me wrong PLEASE

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Re: Crabbing 2020

Post by 4n6fisher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 am

If you find them they should be good size is what I have found so far. I had decent success on the West side of Camano, north of the park, one approaching 8", the others all 7+ (mix of in close, 20-30' and out deeper, 70' with small guys/females in between). We did have to sort through quite a few undersized, females and Rock crabs though. Also got a couple keepers at possession point.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:21 pm

I havent been out lately, but opener at utsalady was on fire. There was lots of big Dungeness all hard shell. We threw back alot of keepers. People we knew pulled up one pot with about 3 limits in it while we were out there. Im hoping to maybe go again soon but I've been busy bass fishing due to low creel report numbers on kings.. good luck!!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:22 am

Heres my Crabbing report. 0 crabs. We launched and everything was great. The day before we tried out the motor and got it going. I got the boat in the water and could not keep the motor running.The ball was old and a lil cracked from drying out. To much air and not enough gas was getting into the motor. It was horrible. We put the boat back on the trailer and that was our day of crabbing.We changed out the ball with another one and first crank the motor ran great. Hopefully we'll try again on thursday.To add insult to injury on Sat i broke or sprained my right hand.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:36 am

If it makes you feel any better I'm sure we have all had a day or two like that lol. Better luck next outing!

Outdoor Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Outdoor Gal » Mon May 17, 2021 4:32 am

Any idea what the 2021 crabbing might look like? Although limited to a small but durable inflatable, I'd like to connect with others to crab and fish near Camano, Kayak Point or the Bubble. No-drama peaceful type seeking similar for early morning runs. Can meet up at the KP pier.
4n6fisher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 am
If you find them they should be good size is what I have found so far. I had decent success on the West side of Camano, north of the park, one approaching 8", the others all 7+ (mix of in close, 20-30' and out deeper, 70' with small guys/females in between). We did have to sort through quite a few undersized, females and Rock crabs though. Also got a couple keepers at possession point.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon May 17, 2021 8:58 am

The Puyallups have had their pots in Colvos Passage for over a week. They keep everything in their pots except for the dead ones I see washed up on the beach. Its sickening to watch. There are over 50 pots out that I can see.