hunting and fishing in hawaii!!!

All things related to hunting.
hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

hunting and fishing in hawaii!!!

Post by hanapaa808 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:32 pm

if anyone is intrested or going to hawaii anytime soon and want to hunt or fish let me know. im not sure if i can post the website up but if your intrested please email me!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:hunting and fishing in hawaii!!!

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Hanapaa,

I have no idea what people would hunt for in Hawaii? Please tell us more. It seems like a limited amount of space for any wild critters. I'm sure i'm just clueless.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Pigs :cheers:

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

well there is a bunch of animals to hunt. Bird hunting, franklins, turkeys, quails, pheasants just to name a few. Wild boars!!! Goats, sheep both ferral and mouflon. Trophy rams! Think I can post the website here?

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:20 am

Teach me how to catch Tilapia brah.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 pm

If you want Tillapia you need to travel a lil more east then Hawaii.Try Viet Nam or S.E Asia . Thats where 99%of the Tallapia come from. I used to fish both Waikiki and Kihei in Maui.I fished mainly at night using spoons catching Cudas.Just dont get your finger anywhere near the mouth. I mean Razor sharp teeth.I used a wire leader with plain mono line.I just did it to kill time.I used to watch the locals fish catching just about all kinds of fish indigenous to the area.I only lasted 2 semesters but it was fun.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:19 pm

racfish wrote:If you want Tillapia you need to travel a lil more east then Hawaii.Try Viet Nam or S.E Asia . Thats where 99%of the Tallapia come from. I used to fish both Waikiki and Kihei in Maui.I fished mainly at night using spoons catching Cudas.Just dont get your finger anywhere near the mouth. I mean Razor sharp teeth.I used a wire leader with plain mono line.I just did it to kill time.I used to watch the locals fish catching just about all kinds of fish indigenous to the area.I only lasted 2 semesters but it was fun.
Tilapia is an insdide joke between us. We make fun of Tilapia because it swims and lives in the nasty waters that I remember seeing them as a kid in Oahu. We called it the "rubbish fish."
"One more......."

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Yeah there's definitely a lot of tilapia up in Lake Wilson on Oahu. I remember going out there as a kid and fishing for them, ahhh the good ole days.

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:01 pm

jens wrote:Teach me how to catch Tilapia brah.
lol....why would you want that rubbish fish? lol

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:03 pm

The Quadfather wrote:Hanapaa,

I have no idea what people would hunt for in Hawaii? Please tell us more. It seems like a limited amount of space for any wild critters. I'm sure i'm just clueless.
quadfather, here you go.... check it out.... this is just a little taste of hunting in hawaii!!!!

www.rustyboars.com

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:57 pm

I know a guy from Kauai-10 dogs, 1 guy and a knife! Big boar at it's finest! Aloha bra
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

Jay K
Warrant Officer

Post by Jay K » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:24 pm

I think there's actually hoards of tilapia in the brackish bays all over Honolulu, as well as in the Ala Wai - at least that's what I saw last time I was recently there. It's amazing the conditions those fish can live in.

Yeah, the barracuda would nail akule that people were whipping for in Honolulu; I thought they'd probably hit a silver/blue spoon quite readily - so much power in those fish.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 am

BassFanatic and I are headed 2 Hawaii Lake Wilson in Aug for 1 week,..Peacocks and LMB are the plan,..hope 2 have a BLAST!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:23 am

BassinBomber wrote:BassFanatic and I are headed 2 Hawaii Lake Wilson in Aug for 1 week,..Peacocks and LMB are the plan,..hope 2 have a BLAST!

BB
You guys heading to Mardon's this year? We've missed it the past 2 years, but my son and I are definitely fishing the Dock Tourney in the Fall, hope to see you guys there.
"One more......."

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 pm

jens wrote:
BassinBomber wrote:BassFanatic and I are headed 2 Hawaii Lake Wilson in Aug for 1 week,..Peacocks and LMB are the plan,..hope 2 have a BLAST!

BB
You guys heading to Mardon's this year? We've missed it the past 2 years, but my son and I are definitely fishing the Dock Tourney in the Fall, hope to see you guys there.
Hey man, it use to be the last weekend in September, now its the 2nd to last, just an FYI. There is also the 1st annual walleye C&R dock tournament December 5th 2010.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

gpc wrote:
jens wrote:

BB
Hey man, it use to be the last weekend in September, now its the 2nd to last, just an FYI. There is also the 1st annual walleye C&R dock tournament December 5th 2010.
Oh yeah, I have it marked on my calendar every year. This year I am going :bounce: . Not sure about the December event, but for sure 9/17-9/19!! I have never fished it, but I hope to use my combat river skills to the test. :cheers: If you just win 1 species, it pays for the trip. Are you going?
"One more......."

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

jens wrote:
gpc wrote:
jens wrote: You guys heading to Mardon's this year? We've missed it the past 2 years, but my son and I are definitely fishing the Dock Tourney in the Fall, hope to see you guys there.
Oh yeah, I have it marked on my calendar every year. This year I am going :bounce: . Not sure about the December event, but for sure 9/17-9/19!! I have never fished it, but I hope to use my combat river skills to the test. :cheers: If you just win 1 species, it pays for the trip. Are you going?
Yes sir, I have been to every one except the 1st year. In '07 I placed in 3 species and walked away with $800, hopefully I can get a repeat this time around.

sorry for the thread hi jack

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 am

gpc wrote:
jens wrote:
gpc wrote: Hey man, it use to be the last weekend in September, now its the 2nd to last, just an FYI. There is also the 1st annual walleye C&R dock tournament December 5th 2010.
Yes sir, I have been to every one except the 1st year. In '07 I placed in 3 species and walked away with $800, hopefully I can get a repeat this time around.

sorry for the thread hi jack
Yeah sorry Zachary for the hijack lol- $800.00?? Do you tent it or rent a cabin? What was the species you placed in? I have that dock pretty well scouted. :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:08 pm

We always just tent it, last tent trip of the season for us. It gets cold some years, but still fun. I got the 1st place trout, 1st place bluegill, and 2nd place crappie. All caught on 1/84 oz jigs w/ maggot.