New to the area

All things related to hunting.
Diamonddave
Petty Officer

New to the area

Post by Diamonddave » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:26 pm

My name is David, I moved here to Bonney Lake Wa about 8 months ago haven't met many folks here in Washington yet. Looking for hunting partners that can show me the area and maybe help me in getting my first Deer, Elk, I also like bird and small game hunting. Fishing is all I ahve done here since I moved here got some pinks so far not bad from someone from Arizona! So is you would like to get together let me know. Post here or call my cell 805-444-3312

mallard83
Commodore

Re: New to the area

Post by mallard83 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:50 pm

This is a great site for everything fishing in Washington but not a huge resource on hunting. I am more of a bird hunter but you could try this site if you don't get the response you want here. http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

schu7498
Commander

Re: New to the area

Post by schu7498 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:53 pm

There are some hurdles to get through when trying to hunt Washington for the first time. The regulations are extensive and rules and species vary from the game managment units. To begin with you have to have taken a hunters safety course to even get a license. Washington has very little public access compared to most other states. Many timber lands now require you to purchase a permit to hunt their lands. If you are looking for a little guidance I would suggest going to sportsmans wearhouse or cabelas and talking to hunting employees. Get a set of hunting regulations. Get a feel for what species seems realistic to start out with, google earth locations you are interested in hunting. Get GMU maps, find what public access is available for those areas. Learn the restrictions and rules for those areas. Figure out what method of hunting is easiest for you to begin with. Washington is an amazing place to hunt, but there is much to learn. And most hunters are very tight lipped about where they hunt. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.