First time hunter for multi-season-

All things related to hunting.
huntfish2014
Angler

Post by huntfish2014 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Question,
If I drew the multi-season tag for deer and not for elk, and if I purchase the Multi-season deer, can I hunt elk at all?
Can I buy an elk permit also to use during modern rifle.
I would like to also hunt cougar, and bear and hunt with a rifle.
I only hunt the west side and usually only bow hunt. This will be the first time for rifle.
Thanks
Tommy

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: First time hunter for multi-season-

Post by MarkFromSea » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:38 pm

It's been so long for me, I'd have to refer to the regs: http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Go to that link, download 2014s big game regs... Your answer will be in there.... I'll add, it USED to be you had to buy tags and license prior to these special draws. IDK if that's the case now. You USED to have to decide modern, muzzle or archery unless you go WAY back in time. The elk tag is either westside or eastside last I looked as well.... If your going to enter a draw, I THINK, you need to start there and follow those instructions first.... they might even have a flow chart that will assist you in that. They used to when some of this east/west, muzzle/modern/archery divisional nonsense started. Also, I thought the draw dates for submission had already closed, maybe that was just spring bear. From what you describe>>> refer to your draw requirements first, then buy the multi tag/species combo lic designating modern for your draw and probably everything in your tags... designate your elk as westside.... double check all of that in the regs but that's what I recall.

added later.. another forum...mentioned lottery submission due by May 22nd?????
Last edited by MarkFromSea on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Re: First time hunter for multi-season-

Post by hlindsay » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Yes you can hunt elk with the wepon you chose.
You can hunt cougar and bear with what ever wepon you want. Aslong as it is a legal hunting wepon and there are no restrictions in the area you hunt.
Did you get the multi-tag? They should be letting you know soon if not already.