FLASHLIGHTS!!!

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

FLASHLIGHTS!!!

Post by c_saeteurn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am

Well, As for me, I like to get out really early most of the time when I go fish. And its usually dark out. So I would like to know what kind of Illumination device are you guys running and why?
Personally I loved my quark cr123 turbo before it broke, lasted me a good 4-5 years. So I ended up buying a fenix LD41 520 lumens and received a tk41 in its place. SCORE!!! I'm also looking in picking up a Inova 24/7 headlight because it makes fishing so much easier. [thumbsup]

drysuperfly52
Commander

Re: FLASHLIGHTS!!!

Post by drysuperfly52 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

cell phone light... i always forget my flashlight. I think you cant go wrong with a good headlight, red light if your trying to not spook any fish.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 am

This has been my best bang for the buck pocket flashlight. Most people think it's just plain rude, to me that means good. The 501 has a wrist strap and the 502 has a pocket clip, I prefer the pocket clip but that's just me.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:29 am

PS: the strobe mode will disable all but the hardiest for close to a minute, so snaggers, obnoxious folks at Reiter, blind them then.... well the choice is yours.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:52 pm

I have a couple LED headlamps floating around, have no idea the brand. 8-[ One clips onto the brim of a hat another has a green light and a clip for straps. As long as they are light, bright, small and hands free - I'm good.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm with you on that but I don't consider the little headlamps, flashlights. They serve there purpose for stuff you're holding or have your face in but to reach out and light something they fall a bit short.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 am

The headlamps are great for walking paths and tieing leaders in the dark. I go to Lowes or Maclendons and buy the waterproof yellow lantern for $3.99 and get a few batteries for them. They are cheap enough that if I leave it at the river then I dont give a rats petoot if I leave it there accidently. No big loss at $3.99 .They work just great.Also they are great for squidding. I lower it on some cord to the water level and jig for squid. It sure beats carrying a generator and lighting system to the piers.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Opening day at the skok, i wear my headlighgt at about 4 in the morning until theres light and legal to fish, then i slay.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

3footvis
Warrant Officer

Post by 3footvis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Petzl e+Lite headlamp. Micro size, super bright for its size, & easily adjustable angles. Comes with a nice waterproof case & a whistle...

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Nitecore MH2C - 800 lumens in my pocket
http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=69" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photon X-Micro on the zipper of all my gear bags and coats.
http://www.photonlight.com/led-keychain ... ght-micro/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surefire Minimus Tactical Headlamp
http://www.surefire.com/illumination/he ... tical.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:23 pm

This is my go to, I've had the high dollar lights and they just don't preform any better than this one. I know when I P!$$ people off with it, it's just about bright enough. I also have a Thor at 20 million candle power but it's a bit big to haul around, stays in the boat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-1000L ... 1c2a564a0b

SdBuri
Angler

Post by SdBuri » Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

drysuperfly52 wrote: cell phone light... i always forget my discount flashlight. I think you cant go wrong with a good headlight, red light if your trying to not spook any fish.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school
How can you forget your flashlight ? While it is a must needed thing every one. Cell phone light can never used as flashlight because it shines a small light when flashlight can give more and more light.
Last edited by SdBuri on Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue May 14, 2013 8:49 am

This is a great cap with a built in light. Lowe's carries them.

http://www.panthervision.com/Cat-99-2-19/Running.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;