Wireless Trolling Motor

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Wireless Trolling Motor

Post by Larry3215 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Scrap yard :) Its just a left over hunk of heavy aluminum angle from a metal recycling yard in Tacoma that we had laying around. The top part of the angle is just barely big enough to bolt on the base of the quick release we are using.

Anchor Caddie sells something similar that looks much better but its $$$. This one cost us about $15 including the SS bolts.

It has a little too much flex in it as it is. We are going to add another small piece of angle on the other side to eliminate that. It works pretty well. Take about 1 minute to remove the motor to switch to anchor use.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Thank you and you've got me thinking.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 am

I got the Riptide Ulterra installed at the Lacey Cabelas. But I, as of yet, can't figure out even how to deploy it. I downloaded the manual. Have the button guide. I see a deploy on the hand held screen but can't get it to deploy. I looked at youtube and the videos have a deploy button but I have an anchor where that is.
Any help or links would help?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:27 am

Which exact model Ulterra did you get Toni - 2016 model or 2017 model? Do you have a link to the Cabellas add or a model number from the Ulterra?

Actually, I think only the 2017 versions are bluetooth - did it come with the separate GPS puck?

Also - which model of remote did you get? There are at least two versions....

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:29 am

Oh - I forget the exact wording, but did you 'link' or 'bind' the remote to the Ulterra? There are a series of steps you have to go through in the setup, but its slightly different depending on which remote you have.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:58 am

Larry3215 wrote:Which exact model Ulterra did you get Toni - 2016 model or 2017 model? Do you have a link to the Cabellas add or a model number from the Ulterra?

Actually, I think only the 2017 versions are bluetooth - did it come with the separate GPS puck?

Also - which model of remote did you get? There are at least two versions....
Yes- bluetooth and extra puck
The cheaper one

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:11 am

Larry3215 wrote:Oh - I forget the exact wording, but did you 'link' or 'bind' the remote to the Ulterra? There are a series of steps you have to go through in the setup, but its slightly different depending on which remote you have.
I didn't do anything. It wasn't in my instructions.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 pm

That is probably the issue. You have to 'link' them together by bluetooth. If you bought it new it is in the quick start guide or you can find the manual on the Minn Kota site. Has to be linked before they will talk and have a relationship...

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 pm

It was that I wasn't double clicking the key. I found the instructions among all the other paper work and installation pages. The quick reference guide doesn't help a lot. I would recommend one plays with it in the driveway...a lot

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 pm

LOL

When I was in the service, and something didnt work, the first thing out of the sarg's mouth - at full volume - was "Did you RTFM?"

Glad you got it working!

By the way, sounds like you have the same model I have. We havent used ours much so far, but love the way it holds a spot!

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Larry3215 wrote:When I was in the service, and something didnt work, the first thing out of the sarg's mouth - at full volume - was "Did you RTFM?"
Can't tell you how many times I said that during my career. [rolleyes]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Went out today and it worked. Meaning I worked it. Did not set anything was able to sit in the shade.
Only had 2 bites that were close to each other so I thought it was the same fish but the film showed it was 2 different ones.

Had issues with everything electrical in my boat that was there before the Cableas install of my motors.
Meaning no down riggers or fish finder.
The installer didn't like something at that end said it was rubbing replaced it with a part$ and didn't charge me for labor. BUT he didn't hook it all back up. I will be doing that since I do not want to go down there a second time to fix what he did. I have been there 3 times. 1 to get it installed, 2 to fix a wire that broke when the battery slid to far and 3 would have been this issue. Makes me wonder if he really did the job right